Rear wiper delete - what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHILLYTONE

Banned
Reaction score
I'm thinkin about removing the whole rear wiper assembly from my 07 tahoe and filling the holes. I think it will give the tahoe a cleaner look. What do you guys think? Does anybody have this done already or have any pics of trucks with this mod done? Post up any pics or input on the idea.

And please, if you are going to post just to asy why i would do this, please dont even post. In my opinion, MY REAR WIPER IS USELESS. I have never used it and never plan to. My back window is never dirty enough to use it because i keep the truck clean and when it is snowing, i just wipe the snow of the back window when i clear off the side windows and the rest of the truck. So anyway, what do you guys think?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
It wll be tite, will involve refilling the gate with filler, and sanding and repainting, would run about $400, not worth it for me, but I will do it if I get rear ended again.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of people who have done it on here, makes the back end look amazing!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I always wondered about doing that. I think it would look super clean on your blacked out Tahoe. I would love to do that eventually, its just pretty far down on the to-do list.

OP
OP
PHILLYTONE

PHILLYTONE

Banned
Reaction score
Well i got the assembly removed...didnt fill the holes yet but i think it looks decent...i will post a couple pics up when i get home from work tonight

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In for the pics I'd like to remove mine too:)

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would look slick. I'm surprised it bothers you since you have a black truck. Mine's white and stands out like a sore thumb!

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about getting rid of the tailgate handle to? I think it would look sick.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an easier, although less elegant solution would be to purchase or make a fiberglass/plastic plug. Paint and be done. Unless your dressing your truck to the 10's - I wouldn't go as far to plug, weld, sand, paint, etc. (like you would with shaved handles). I've see it done the first way and it looks clean.

dub6chevyboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
shaved rear wiper arm

i love the shaved look and with the deleted rear wiper arm it looks even sexier,ive already shaved handles and rear wiper and tailights and roof rack completely off and its looks sick but all depends on the person and overall look your going for. i have a 2000 suburban ...good luck

Attachments

• DSC05143.jpg
    DSC05143.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 94

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978

Latest posts