Rear Widow Defogger Wire...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to re attach this wire so it will work and stay in place? I am out of "Bumper to Bumper" warranty so I don't want to go to the dealer if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance.20180804_093232.jpg 20180804_093200.jpg

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Permatex makes something too, but the frost fighter kit looked like the better option.

orchidcrazy

Reaction score
I had that happen on my 2003 years ago. Used one of those kits and it worked like a charm!

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try soldering it back on. Many YouTube videos. I tried, GM hadn’t used enough solder to begin with—which is why it popped off. The soldering was unsuccessful, so I ended up buying a new rear glass third party since GM doesn’t offer it with privacy glass anymore. Bah!

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for FrostFighter - This is a terrible defroster setup they used on these trucks. FrostFighter will fix it though.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Permatex makes something too, but the frost fighter kit looked like the better option.

I was going to solder mine but didn't want to chance busting the glass so I bought the Permatex solution. Only thing is that the maximum temperature to use it at is 75 degrees (probably why it has such poor reviews) and well, it's summer here in Florida. So I'll wait until fall and report back after it gets done.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking...

What was I thinking? Yes, that's it, when I finally remember, I am going to take my heat gun to those two wires and get them to relax some of that coiling out of them. That should help take some tension off of those contact points.