Rear view mirror losing power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stockfornow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear view mirror has been acting strange lately. When I am driving down the road it resets itself over and over. The "image" that shows up on the temp/compass screen is the same one that shows up when you first start the truck. The passenger air bag message also goes off and back on.

This will cycle through for a while then stay on.

Any ideas on where to start?

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to know too. I have this issue too - BUT only happens in very cold temps. I followed the harness down to the the panel behind the brake pedal and wiggled the wires there where it plugs in - nothing. I'm in the same boat.

ID_Escalade

Reaction score
My mirror would go dim in the compass part, i just pushed the connector in a little bit on the back of the mirror and it worked for that not sure if it will work for you guys but it did for me thought i would let you know

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear view mirror has been acting strange lately. When I am driving down the road it resets itself over and over. The "image" that shows up on the temp/compass screen is the same one that shows up when you first start the truck. The passenger air bag message also goes off and back on.

This will cycle through for a while then stay on.

Any ideas on where to start?

I noticed the same issue this morning. It has never happened to me before today. It lasted about 5 minutes and the temp and compass showed back up and seemed to be displaying correctly. Temp today is 39*F.

Since it seems as if the mirror is turning on and off just as if the truck was first being started it would appear the mirror is just losing power but the cycling is too consistent a pattern to be just a loose connection.

I will be investigating this a bit further after it stops raining here.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - mine has not done it all summer - seems like when temps get cold.. but I will say mine more flashes on and off - never was off for more than 10 seconds at one time - but I agree the way it cycles, it is losing power 100%

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - mine has not done it all summer - seems like when temps get cold.. but I will say mine more flashes on and off - never was off for more than 10 seconds at one time - but I agree the way it cycles, it is losing power 100%

To clear up my earlier post, the temp and compass display is cycling on and off every 3-4 seconds and it happened for a period of about 5 minutes. The display was never off completely for longer than those few seconds.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh okay - yes. Sounds like the exact issue I have. And it has not done it since last winter. - I'm glad I am not alone!! :)

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the truck out today for lunch and all was fine. I'm thinking about pulling the plug and investigating the connector for any signs of corrosion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts