Rear upper chrome applique...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbyrob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear chrome upper applique with GMC on it. Taking that thing off, do you have to take it off from the inside? I can't find it in black so I'm trying to either take it off and wrap it or paint it. I've found covers but didn't want to do that. Tried hyper dip but It looked bad.

Attachments

• 20220918_200125.jpg
    20220918_200125.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 4

markni12301

Reaction score
This front/back black emblems for sale on eBay also includes how to remove and install both in the full detailed description.

For the rear it explains how to use a heat gun to remove, etc. Hope this helps at least.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's installed with double face tape not too bad to get off.

OP
OP
R

robbyrob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That does help.. I didn't realize the rear one was just tape. I'll try with a heat gun.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, does your front emblem move side to side? My front emblem is secure but can slide left and right. I understand the front emblem CLIPS into the grille, but I also thought there were alignment tabs to stop it from moving side to side. I'm talking a left and right movement of 1/4" in each direction.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine moves side to side but i don't know if its 1/4" and has tabs that snap in.I replaced original with black emblem.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine moves side to side but i don't know if its 1/4" and has tabs that snap in.I replaced original with black emblem.
Sounds about right then. I purchased some black vinyl overlays for my emblems but then returned them as I realized my emblems are textured and doubt there was anyway vinyl would stick to them, unlike the old reflector style GMC emblems that I remember from the 1990s.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right then. I purchased some black vinyl overlays for my emblems but then returned them as I realized my emblems are textured and doubt there was anyway vinyl would stick to them, unlike the old reflector style GMC emblems that I remember from the 1990s.
Yea I liked them better when they were red reflector my 2002 Yukon has them that way.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I liked them better when they were red reflector my 2002 Yukon has them that way.

I don't mind it, the only reason I'd prefer the smooth glossy finish would be for a cheaper way to blackout my emblems with the precut vinyl from eBay. I did not notice for 2 and a half years that my emblems were actually textured!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts