Rear Springs - Longer Springs options for 4" lift over using spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 4" BDS kit for my 2009 Tahoe.

The kit I chose came with a 2" spacer to be used with the rear coil springs. While this works, I think I would prefer to have longer springs over using spacers.

Has anyone with a 4" lift, or looking to install a 4" lift, researched and found longer springs that will work with a 07-14 Tahoe?

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skyjacker c25r 2.5 inch lift springs or c50r 5 inch rear lift springs. I have used both in mine I have a 3.5 inch lift for gm trucks in the front which actually lifted it five inches over what it was before. The 2.5 inch springs weren't tall enough for that so after couple of months put in the 5 inch springs they have been in for about a year now.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out BilsteinLifts.com, I just happened across them yesterday and saw that they have several options for longer shocks for the rear for the Sierra. Maybe they also have taller springs?

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out BilsteinLifts.com, I just happened across them yesterday and saw that they have several options for longer shocks for the rear for the Sierra. Maybe they also have taller springs?
I did not see any taller spring options for the Tahoe on BisteinLifts. But maybe they have other options that might work.

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skyjacker c25r 2.5 inch lift springs or c50r 5 inch rear lift springs. I have used both in mine I have a 3.5 inch lift for gm trucks in the front which actually lifted it five inches over what it was before. The 2.5 inch springs weren't tall enough for that so after couple of months put in the 5 inch springs they have been in for about a year now.
Thanks for these part numbers!

How well do these springs handle loads? I typically tow a light trailer and throw a bunch of stuff in the back of my Hoe.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tows great doesn't squat to bad under load and still handles and rides smooth. I have towed several cars, campers, the equipment trailer loaded with 400 cinder blocks, scrap, lumber and alot of other stuff

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tows great doesn't squat to bad under load and still handles and rides smooth. I have towed several cars, campers, the equipment trailer loaded with 400 cinder blocks, scrap, lumber and alot of other stuff
Thanks! That helps!!

Marshall 008

Reaction score
This company will make you a set. I just submitted a quote for my Tahoe to raise it an inch and accommodate for the added load of a hitch mount tire carrier, 33" tire, mountain bike rack with two bikes, etc.... so that when it is raised an inch it will not sag under the added load of the previous mentioned items. They have a very detailed form to build your springs and will give you recommendations.

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This company will make you a set. I just submitted a quote for my Tahoe to raise it an inch and accommodate for the added load of a hitch mount tire carrier, 33" tire, mountain bike rack with two bikes, etc.... so that when it is raised an inch it will not sag under the added load of the previous mentioned items. They have a very detailed form to build your springs and will give you recommendations.
Thanks,

Do you have a lift on your Tahoe? What size springs did you end up getting from Coilsprings? WOuld you mind sharing the specs of the springs you got?

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the 4" BDS CO kit installed. Yay!
I ordered the 2" rear spacer option and now I am regretting it. The rear is about 1" to 1.25" lower than the front. :(

I could bite the bullet and get BDS's 3" option that also includes a track bar relocation bracket, but then I will still have the spacer problem that I would like to avoid. I suppose there is an option of adding a 1" spacer to my current configuration, but I rather not stack spacers.

Currently, I have new Moog 81609 coils on top the BDS 2" spacers, and I need another inch. I really would like to get a spring that has this length and skip having spacers.

I'll check out Coilsprings to see what options they have, but wondering what is already premade. Seems the skyjacker could work, but they will only get me a half-inch over what I got now.

Oh, and I need to be able to get it in my garage, too. Right now, I only have about 1.5" clearance between my factory roof rack and the garage door threshold.

I have the Fox COs in the front. Do these end up settling down a little bit after it has been driven a while? If so, then my need to raise the rear an inch could no longer be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011