Rear main Seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a craftsman battery powered impact wrench I'm just unable to get it in the space the front diff/frame is in the way if my impact was a little more slim I could do it. I am going to start looking for a compressor today but im not sure about the gallons and psi I will need
Just don’t round off those bolts or you’ll be screwed. In other words, make sure the socket is seated square. They make wobble extensions that allow the socket to be square to the bolt but the extension and ratchet or impact can angle a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
L

lspann3525

Reaction score
With extension and swivel it kept trying to slide off the bolt I was afraid I would strip it and then the motor kept unlocking..so today I'm going to see if I can pick up earthquake xt and borrow my father's compressor

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With extension and swivel it kept trying to slide off the bolt I was afraid I would strip it and then the motor kept unlocking..so today I'm going to see if I can pick up earthquake xt and borrow my father's compressor
I wouldn’t use a swivel on an impact myself. A wobble yes but a swivel is too easy for it to slip and you can’t push on it which is what an impact does. That’s my experience anyway.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can't get a box end wrench on it?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have Amazon Prime you can get a flywheel locking tool in one day. Just search “ls engine flywheel locking tool”. You would just have to remove it to turn the flexplate if needed to reach all the bolts. I’m not sure what your access looks like, I’ve only done 4l60’s.

OP
OP
L

lspann3525

Reaction score
The factory must use loc-tite on them? Here's what I used, see post # 13 here: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...7-yukon-denali-6-2.108334/page-2#post-1291646
from Harbor Freight
View attachment 395994
Well I got them out tonight. dontjetman introduced me to my new gf she helped alot. She got them out in about 10 minutes. Now all I have is the bellhousing bolts left. Will start back maybe tomorrow or later on in the week. That earthquake xt is great little tool. Also picked up a compressor for a little or nothing. Thanks guys for the help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lspann3525

Reaction score
Since the transmission is coming out I plan on changing the front and rear seal. On Rockauto I see Torque Converter Seal but on autzone it's called turbine shaft seal. Can someone tell me whats the front transmission seal called and is GM the best brand to use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA