Rear main info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Props to anyone willing to tackle that job in the driveway! RMS is a job that can go smoothly or NOT... If the service books say 8 hour job, I just know it would be a solid 20 hours over two days and a whole lot of swearing in my driveway.

When I was a Jeep owner, the joke on the forums among people with RMS leaks, who were procrastinating doing the repair was something like this:

"Consider it a perpetual oil change. Just keep topping it off and after a month or so, your oil will have been completely changed out! - You don't have to change the oil filter either, because the oil never gets old..."
Yes it was not fun but I’m on a week or so now an no drops. Was getting tired of the smell where the oil went all over my y pipe. Soaked the underneath.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only difference with a 4x4 (or AWD like mine) is the transfer case which is hard to lift into place. There’s nothing like dragging it onto your chest and then bench pressing 80 lbs while laying on your back in the driveway.

Reaction score
The only difference with a 4x4 (or AWD like mine) is the transfer case which is hard to lift into place. There’s nothing like dragging it onto your chest and then bench pressing 80 lbs while laying on your back in the driveway.
Would the trans jack work on this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts