Rear liftgate not opening automatically

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HndrxxHndrxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ & when I bought it, the liftgate did not open automatically. Now what I discovered is that when I hit the overhead button, it unlatches then that's it. But when I press the button on the outside of the liftgate, it unlatches & when I pull it open, it starts to make a hum noise coming from the latch. I also hear a click from the motor inside of the driver side rear trim. I don't want to start throwing parts at it so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

I believe that you will need to remove the interior trim on the rear driver's side, where the lift arm and motor are located. The lift arm may have disconnected from the motor assembly, or perhaps, the gears that drive the lift arm have deteriorated. Once you are able to see the components, I believe that you will see the source of your issue.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here’s a start …

Thread 'More Liftgate Remedies and 07-09 TSB #07-08-47-005B'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons