Rear Liftgate Manual Open/Release ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got my electrical system "down" as I'm doing engine work...
I stored some of my supplies in the back of the Yukon... I can't get it to open even
when I hook up the battery cables ( alot of stuff is unhooked in engine bay)

Is there a "manual way" to open my liftgate ???? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got my electrical system "down" as I'm doing engine work...
I stored some of my supplies in the back of the Yukon... I can't get it to open even
when I hook up the battery cables ( alot of stuff is unhooked in engine bay)

Is there a "manual way" to open my liftgate ???? Thanks
ya but you have a drill a hole in the rear inside hatch panel and then put a plastic plug in it to then cover the hole you made
if you look on the trim panel lower center and slightly above where the locking actuator is you will see a small plastic dimple, that is the place where you make the hole and then insert a screw driver to pop the lock open.
why not just put the 2nd row seats up and 3rd row down and get it out that way?

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a couple really big boxes that barely fit in thru the liftgate !!!
But I'll try to pull it out that way.. I did find a youtube video of that little
molded hole to drill out... But I don't think I could even get to it without figuring out
how to get that out first, which is the goal anyway

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a couple really big boxes that barely fit in thru the liftgate !!!
But I'll try to pull it out that way.. I did find a youtube video of that little
molded hole to drill out... But I don't think I could even get to it without figuring out
how to get that out first, which is the goal anyway
I don't know of any other way other than trying to get that panel off without drilling, the unlock signal I believe is digital from the actuator module so even trying to connect a couple wires or something probably would not work, maybe look under the hood by the fuse box and see if you unhooked the main harness

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can only do that mod after you get the stuff out of the back. I did it with the hatch open.

View attachment 363292

Ebay sellers are real proud of that plug too!
I did a preemptive strike on thecopcar. The hole is already drilled, in case of failure the weapon locker will be in the way of getting a drill in there. Of course, being what I use it for, I haven’t bothered with the plug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman