Rear lift gate window won’t open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Can’t seem to get my rear lift gate window to open from the key fob. Is there some setting or secret switch I have overlooked? I hear it sound like it’s trying to work but it doesn’t pop open. Lift gate itself works fine. Thanks in advance!

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you manually tried popping the glass from the back of the truck? There should be a button under the GMC/chevy logo on the hatch.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t seem to get my rear lift gate window to open from the key fob. Is there some setting or secret switch I have overlooked? I hear it sound like it’s trying to work but it doesn’t pop open. Lift gate itself works fine. Thanks in advance!
Might try and hit the release button while on the inside and pressing on the window to see if the latch just needs some help. If it opens, might shoot the latch mechanism with some WD-40 or the like and work it a little.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Nothing, just a click that sounds like it’s getting a signal. No pressure from the inside will open it, the outside button won’t either. I’ll have dealer check at first oil change.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing, just a click that sounds like it’s getting a signal. No pressure from the inside will open it, the outside button won’t either. I’ll have dealer check at first oil change.
Had the same issue on my At4. Dealer said the cable had come loose from the latch. They had to take the hatch panel off but fixed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n