Rear HVAC control module

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MG93212, May 16, 2019 at 8:54 PM.

1. MG93212

MG93212 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Manuel
    i have a 2003 GMC Yukon. Intermittent REAR HVAC. I read the bulletin and orders the rear control module: I opened the rear quarter panel above the right tire, but the module is not installed. Where else can it be located?

2. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    it's there just look harder, lol

3. MG93212

MG93212 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Manuel
    NOPE , I do not have the Automatic AC, I have manual, that’s why it’s not not there. So what can cause my rear no heat?

4. PHX396

PHX396 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    On my 06 the lines were cracked underneath the truck at the plastic fittings, so we replaced the lines and entire rear ac system. Mine is an LT thought

5. Doubeleive

Name:
    Wes
    if there is no heat in the rear (after the vehicle is up to normal operating temperature) reach up under the passenger rear wheel/bumper area where the heater hoses go into the rear heater core and see if one is hot and one is cold, this would indicate a clogged rear heater core I had to replace mine on my 00, if both are hot then you may have a bad rear blend door actuator or broken blend door.

6. MG93212

MG93212 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Manuel
    There 4 lines. Two were hot and two were cold. I am thinking the blend door actuator needs to be changed. There are two actuators in the back, would it be the front or back one?

7. Doubeleive

Name:
    Wes
    blend should be the one closest to the heater core (i think), you can tell which one it is for sure by adjusting the air to the roof and then to the floor and watch to see which actuator moves for that, then it will be the other one.