Rear Entertainment 2018 RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need some help with adding Apple TV to the rear entertainment system. Ive just purchased a 2018 RST and I’ve hooked up the Apple TV to the rear entertainment. When I turn the car on the power outlet in the back turns green and then goes right back off. It will stay off for a few seconds and come back on for a few seconds. Eventually it will go off and never come back. I have found out that if the the hdmi is plugged in it will never power on but if I plug the Apple TV in and let it completely power up I can then plug the hdmi in and it’ll work fine. I just want to leave everything hooked up all the time and hot have to unhook the hdmi before powering up every time. Anyone else experiencing this? I’m coming from a 17’ tahoe premier and it worked fine. Not sure why the 18’ would be any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my ATV hardwired in. The 4th gen uses a 110v ac to step down 12dc transformer. I disconnected the transformer and connected to a 12v source in the center console. I also added a switch. Yes I voided the warranty on the ATV but it works and I never have to unplug it. There’s plenty of room to hide it in the console when you take that back cover off.

Mac 2018 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have my ATV hardwired in. The 4th gen uses a 110v ac to step down 12dc transformer. I disconnected the transformer and connected to a 12v source in the center console. I also added a switch. Yes I voided the warranty on the ATV but it works and I never have to unplug it. There’s plenty of room to hide it in the console when you take that back cover off.
Where did you connect it at? can i get some pics as i would love to do this.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fix it has a video of them breaking down a 4th gen ATV. The 12V outlets are switched on and in your center console. Tap off of one. I also added a toggle switch somits not always on. On the Cadi the back of the center console comes off by lifting up and out with some force. I have the ATV hidden away in there, the remote works fine. Airplay works. I used the NavTool box to add an HDMI port since my 16' didn't have one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B