Rear driver side break pad wearing to fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
grew up in Manalapan, but now reside near Montclair.
Nice. I'm originally from Newark/Belleville. Used to work on Valley Rd in Montclair as a kid. I'm in Keansburg now. Funny--we went it opposite directions lol.
I feel like we've had this convo before lol. Good to meet you--again :D

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should always replace both sides when doing brake hoses if the hoses have been in use >70K miles. The hoses for these Tahoes are $15 at worst. They are all made by the same Chinese company.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tony is on fire up in here.............solid recommendations

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. I took Tony's advice and ordered the stainless steal rear hoses. Now just have to wait for a nice sunny weekend to replace them.

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get an opinion. I was thinking of having a mechanic do it just for this since I don't have my home garage avail for the moment. The mechanic wants to charge 300 in labor to replace both rear pads and hoses and bleed the system is that a reasonable price or does that seem high.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just wanted to get an opinion. I was thinking of having a mechanic do it just for this since I don't have my home garage avail for the moment. The mechanic wants to charge 300 in labor to replace both rear pads and hoses and bleed the system is that a reasonable price or does that seem high.
Seems high to me, but that's just my opinion. How many hrs is he quoting for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts