Rear driver side break pad wearing to fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had this issue. I did a break job last march and replaces all breaks and rotors. Then this january I had to replace the Rear driver side break pad because it was worn out. I assumed the Caliper was bad so I replaced that as well. 4 months later and it sounds like the pad is worn out again. Has anyone had this issue before or know what could be happening

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had this issue. I did a break job last march and replaces all breaks and rotors. Then this january I had to replace the Rear driver side break pad because it was worn out. I assumed the Caliper was bad so I replaced that as well. 4 months later and it sounds like the pad is worn out again. Has anyone had this issue before or know what could be happening
Are the pins lubed correctly, or enough? Has the brake hose ever been changed? Might be collapsing internally, causing it to have more pressure.

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tony,

Even though its a new caliper I still checked the pins and added some lube as for the hose I did not replace. So that might be the issue. Is there a specific hose you guys recommend? Thanks for responding.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We like the upgraded stainless hoses--if not oem should be fine.20200416_235132.jpg 20200416_235228.jpg
If you go stainless, just make sure you get the correct one for your application. I have these and I like them.

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay can I just replace the trouble hose for now or do you recommend replacing both rears?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Okay can I just replace the trouble hose for now or do you recommend replacing both rears?
Are you going with stainless? I recommend doing both rears at once. If you're going oem I think you could get away with doing the bad one first, then the other at separate times.

OP
OP
L

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I go stainless if I suck it up and do it myself lol. Also do you know which one is for the rear? And as always thank you for taking the time to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269