Rear center console/storage ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonYYC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been thinking of putting a case or box in between the bucket seats in my second row and came across these bad boys:

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/accessories/gm-rear_floor_console.html

Unfortunately they're discontinued now and I'm not seeing them listed anywhere used. Has anyone here ever seen/used one? Is it any good? Any leads where I might find one? And if not, has anyone found a good case to fit in there? I currently keep a case in the cargo area with emergency supplies in it but would like to move it to the middle so the cargo area can be fully utilized with my work gear (current case won't fit).

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could build a box out of 3/4 ply pretty easily. Paint it black and it won't stick out too much. Or you could rivet on some powder coated sheet metal. That'd add considerably to the build cost but the end result would look pretty professional.

Personally I'm planning to put a 12v fridge up front where the console was. I ripped it out the other day. ARB or Dometic fridges are pricey but will be worth as we're converting the Suburban into a camper.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would custom build a console. I have the 1 listed above and there's not a lot of storage in it. I bought it of Craigslist cheap a long time ago!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak