Rear bumper removal to get at rust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a small rust line starting above the back bumper on the left side. Is that section of the bumper easy to undo and drop down so that I can remove the rust?

IMG_20180727_154141_01.jpg

Trailblazzin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can take the entire bumper off pretty quickly.

Couple bolts and clips and it’s off. I removed the taillights but not sure if it was necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can take the entire bumper off pretty quickly.

Couple bolts and clips and it’s off. I removed the taillights but not sure if it was necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to say thanks

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No removal of tails necessary, couple of 7mm on the liner each side, 2 10mm under rear by spare pull out from each each wheel well at quarter panel, diconnect back up sensor harness(if you have them) and slide it right off. There is a plastic rail bolted to metal under lip of quarters that hold bumper to truck.

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be careful with that rust spot, on my 07 I started working on what I thought was a quarter size section that was bubbling slightly and it turns out it was a softball size section that rusted out with a 2" section that was completely about to fall off. Few months down the line it started to come right back.

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta try something unless I see what a body shop can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts