Rear Brake Pad Anti-Rattle Clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeZ78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just did the first rear brake pad replacement on my 2016 Tahoe. Everything went smooth, but the anti-rattle clips that came with the new pad set look slightly different from the OEM ones. I went with Napa's mid-grade line of pads; SilentGuard. The difference is that Napa's clips do not have the spring tabs that the OEM clips have. This spring tab seem to hold the pads off the rotor, I guess to reduce drag on the rotor. I did confirm that they are the correct part # for my Tahoe and the pads themselves are an exact match to the OEM pads. According to the website, all lines of Napa pads appear to come with the same style anti-rattle clip. I don't know if the manufacturer of Napa's pads redesigned that clip because I have heard of people having issues with the spring tabs breaking off or rubbing on the rotor. That being said, I got the same brand and line for the front pads and that spring tab is on those clips??? I might just see what happens with the Napa rear clips for now and if I experience any issues, I'll have to swap them out for the OEM design. Any advice would be appreciated. See pictures (1st pic is OEM design clip with spring tabs and 2nd pic is the Napa provided clip)

Brake Clip OEM.PNGBrake Clip NAPA.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts