Rear Axle Bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

m610

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had another half hour of light so I decided to tackle the job, and what do my wondering eyes see? The bar that goes between the shoes at the top had fallen out and was thumping, making the sound I though for sure would be a bearing. I knew I was over due for a brake job, partially because a month ago I was so sure the brakes in front needed work so I bought the parts, and didn't need them, but put them on anyway. I knew the source of noises can be difficult to locate by ear while driving, but I swear it sounded like the right front. It was the right rear.

I knew I had worn through the pads and was waiting for a good paycheck to buy the parts and fix them. Then this happened and now I thought I needed and axle and associated parts. Good to know I just need brake parts, 11" drums and shoes, springs and a replacement for the bent part, and brakes I have done many times.

Sorry to be a bother, and thanks for the help. I'll be back when the axle finally does go. ;)

BTW - 1996 Tahoe, 4WD, 5.7L motor, 325,000 miles. It's hanging in there.

Attachments

• Tahoe Brake Part-1024.jpg
    Tahoe Brake Part-1024.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
M

m610

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This part is not available on Rock Auto. I might have to heat it up and beat it back into shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts