Rear Armrest Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec6000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where can I find replacement armrest for the rear seats? I’ve looked at places like RockAuto but haven’t been able to find anything.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where can I find replacement armrest for the rear seats? I’ve looked at places like RockAuto but haven’t been able to find anything.
what's wrong with it?
you can find them on ebay as well as new covers,
one of mine had been forced down and a little magic with the bolt worked for a while then it failed again so I had a little weld put on it and that has fixed it pretty good
you can also find the little plastic caps on ebay also

OP
OP
Vortec6000

Vortec6000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what's wrong with it?
you can find them on ebay as well as new covers,
one of mine had been forced down and a little magic with the bolt worked for a while then it failed again so I had a little weld put on it and that has fixed it pretty good
you can also find the little plastic caps on ebay also
Both bearings are worn out so they just fall. And one of the bearings actually fell out of the armrest per the previous owner. Stitching is also coming out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both bearings are worn out so they just fall. And one of the bearings actually fell out of the armrest per the previous owner. Stitching is also coming out.
I don't recall there being a bearing in there, but the bolt only goes so far and wouldn't tighten up enough so I inserted a short sleeve and perhaps a washer and tightened it up that way, after a while it worked it's way loose so I did it again but used some blue locktight the 2nd time around, the cover I bought off of ebay it just slides on & off
it's been fine for about 3 years now.
you have to use just the right sized socket and a extension to reach in there, probably around a 12mm.

here are some arm rest covers

these are the hole covers, there are different colors on ebay, they sometimes just break when you pull them off

here is a deal on a left one I think, in cashmiere (the cover can be changed), normally a new one is $150-200, which was why I just "fixed" mine

OP
OP
Vortec6000

Vortec6000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't recall there being a bearing in there, but the bolt only goes so far and wouldn't tighten up enough so I inserted a short sleeve and perhaps a washer and tightened it up that way, after a while it worked it's way loose so I did it again but used some blue locktight the 2nd time around, the cover I bought off of ebay it just slides on & off
it's been fine for about 3 years now.
you have to use just the right sized socket and a extension to reach in there, probably around a 12mm.

here are some arm rest covers

these are the hole covers, there are different colors on ebay, they sometimes just break when you pull them off

here is a deal on a left one I think, in cashmiere (the cover can be changed), normally a new one is $150-200, which was why I just "fixed" mine
Thank you, I had no idea the covers could change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879