Rear, 2nd row, AC control console removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

how does one remove the rear seat AC console? I took the cover off but don't see any screws or anything

thanks,

Ron

PS: It's the overhead one I am talking about.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe if I add a pic, someone wold know?

This is what it looks like.

Ron
20191028_210805.jpg

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is just 4 clips? the usual ones that hold trim down in general? because it feels like it sits in there REALLY tight (and of course don't want to break it. (there are no screws at all?)

I did manage to find the part number; after a long search: roof console gm part 15911919

Ron

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is just 4 clips? the usual ones that hold trim down in general? because it feels like it sits in there REALLY tight (and of course don't want to break it. (there are no screws at all?)

I did manage to find the part number; after a long search: roof console gm part 15911919

Ron
if there is any screws you would see them once you took the reading light covers off, there would be no other place for a screw to go, I posted a picture of the backside in the other thread you made

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Wes,

thanks!! That picture makes it a lot clearer. I can't believe it is just 4 clips, like it shows in the picture, it seems to be on there VERY tight, but it looks like the same thing.

thanks!!

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, Wes,

so I had finally some time to try to take that thing off, but when I start pulling it down, the ceiling is what is coming down. I tried it with a pry tool, but it doesn't want to budge. Now I start wondering if it maybe is a different model that comes off differently? I hope its not integrated in to the ceiling stuff

Ron

Update: never mind, I got it off. But that thing was on there real tight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason why I wanted to take it off is; There is an antenna hole, about halfway where that overhead console is, and the outside passenger side of the car. (the hole is probably a foot away from where the AC controls are.

However underneath is a bracket, (black) and there's no way to get in there. Unless take the bracket out too. (is there a drawing or so that shows how the bracket is installed? Or would it be easier to take the B-pillar off and get in there that way?

I wonder how that antenna (that the hole is for) was installed to begin with.

Ron

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had no idea what that looked like. Mine had a cage and is just mounted flat to the roof on a piece of abs plastic with screws. I wouldn’t mind trying to get that piece back in.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason why I wanted to take it off is; There is an antenna hole, about halfway where that overhead console is, and the outside passenger side of the car. (the hole is probably a foot away from where the AC controls are.

However underneath is a bracket, (black) and there's no way to get in there. Unless take the bracket out too. (is there a drawing or so that shows how the bracket is installed? Or would it be easier to take the B-pillar off and get in there that way?

I wonder how that antenna (that the hole is for) was installed to begin with.

Ron
regarding the antenna that must be something that a previous owner added? is it a ppv? have any pictures?
***nevermind I see it says in your signature SSV, taking the B pillar panel off might give you more room to work, sounds like the headliner is going to have to come down a bit.
I had to take off a similar roof panel on my new to me 2018 Silverado, I weigh 220lbs and I was literally hanging from that panel and it still wouldn't come loose I finally got it off with pry tools and pulling really hard I thought I was going to break it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd