Really want this lift and and new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get the 6" kit and de-crank. That would yield about 4 or so inches of lift. That with 33's would be ****

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent done a torsion crank yet but I want to just to get the front end higher than the rear. I took a look under the hoe the other day because I wasnt sure where to crank at but it looks like its at the middleish of the truck right? The torsion bars are the long rods that run parallel to eachother correct? And I know not to do more than 1.5" of lift which is about 8 turns correct?

OP
OP
xX Mavr1ck Xx

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the 6" kit and de-crank. That would yield about 4 or so inches of lift. That with 33's would be ****

I'd love to do that but that lift costs a lot more and I would have to get that stupid driveshaft for auto trac right? I just dont have that much to spend on it..

darin95yuk

Reaction score
crank your torsions instal blocks and get an alignment!!! cost you the price of blocks and u bolts and only take an hour or so... 285/75's would look just right i have pictures in my albums with 285s and 35s with just that done... make sure you get an alignment!

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would NOT get that kit. I have the exact same one, put it on a few months ago and my ride is still complete ******* shit. I even got the upgraded Nitro 9000 shocks too. It was honestly the worst thing ive bought for my tahoe and I wish so bad I never would have wasted the money for it and for the labor which was $600 since I had a broken leafspring that my mechanic replaced for me.

But do what you want. As far as installation goes, the most difficult part is putting in the torsion keys. My mechanic had a hard time with that one, then again hes also a pothead moron. You'll need a ball joint tool for that (big ass C-clamp).

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6" kit or even the four inch kit (the same front set up, height dpends on crank amount) would / should ride like the factory set up. I just wrapped up the 6" kit on the suburban and the ride is great.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wish I knew if the bad ride comes from cranking the t-bars or the shocks. I can't see how it could be either because mine aren't cranked all the way and I have the upgraded shocks.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Brandon - were you ever able to improve your ride quality with that lift kit?? or still having issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA