Real differences between Yukon and Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some Chevy;'s come with the 3 year plan listed under the Standard Equipment side of the window sticker, it's about $1500 GM adds onto the Standard pricing. :thumbsup:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Chevys I’ve seen, it quotes “3 years remote access plan; OnStar and WiFi Capable”. That is not the unlimited data and OnStar included…it’s just making the app act as a key fob. You get the full data and OnStar included on the GMC. Screenshots of a High Country and Denali window sticker excerpt for a couple in transit ‘23’s below

Attachments

• 510AED95-7A68-4E4B-82D0-8EC6ABF34A4E.jpeg
    510AED95-7A68-4E4B-82D0-8EC6ABF34A4E.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 15
  • D34D245B-2090-422F-9E44-4C8000590486.jpeg
    D34D245B-2090-422F-9E44-4C8000590486.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

JLMBT

Reaction score
Could I get some help from the experts in here....I'm looking to order a Tahoe High Country with Super Cruise. I'm seriously having a hard time trying to figure out the differences.

If you have the time to read this long thread and respond with your knowledge and experience, I'd truly appreciate.

I did a full build with Chevy and GMC.

The Tahoe makes you add the Premium options like adaptive air suspension and pano roof, powered running boards, etc.. separately if you add Super Cruise to the High Country.

The Denali has everything bundled together in a single $12k package.

The Denali is $93k. The Tahoe HC is $90k.

My 1st question. When looking at the build sheets on the website. There's certain things GMC blatantly advertises as premium features...rear windshield wiper fluid dispensers, eLSD rear, intrusion detection system, etc...

The Chevy doesn't show these things as included, but when you read the actual spec sheets, rear washer fluid , eLSD, "tilt" motion alarm system, etc...are included in the Chevy.

I guess what I'm asking is how different is a fully loaded High Country Deluxe with Super Cruise over a Denali Reserve (NOT Ultimate)?

What justifies the $3k in the Denali over the High Country. Reading spec sheets, it appears they are identical except for the rear tail lights on the Chevy are not LED, the GMC's Bose system has 14 speakers vs 10 in the Chevy, and the center infotainment display on the Denali is different.

Both have Summit White paint with no addon. I added black emblems to both. And the Chevy only required $500 to add the black 22's, whereas the GMC required $2000 add on for the black wheels. So $2k of that $3k difference is just in wheels. So there's really a $1k difference.

If I can order either one at MSRP, is the Denali a better value for what your getting for the $1k difference?

Thanks in advance for the replies and your time.
I just got my Yukon Denali this past June...I'm telling you get the Denali...what I have come to learn is that you really won't use adaptive cruise or "super cruise" that much, also these things tend to be be more sensitive to the type of road conditions and you will end up no using it. I got mine without the adaptive cruise..there no better accurate driver than the human being...I personally don't believe in too much extra computerized braking...good luck in your seach...hope you find what you would like...let us know thanks

mrrairai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my Yukon Denali this past June...I'm telling you get the Denali...what I have come to learn is that you really won't use adaptive cruise or "super cruise" that much, also these things tend to be be more sensitive to the type of road conditions and you will end up no using it. I got mine without the adaptive cruise..there no better accurate driver than the human being...I personally don't believe in too much extra computerized braking...good luck in your seach...hope you find what you would like...let us know thanks
I have a vehicle with adaptive cruise control and it use it all the time. I mean all the time. Even on those small county roads. IMO it’s worth it

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you can get foglights on an '09 Tahoe. Not available on a $90K new one is absurd......
I mean if that’s a dealbreaker that’s fine. It really is not for me especially if I get a good deal with friends and family discount it more than makes up for it.

I’m not paying the absurd markups for Yukons down here just for fog lights.

MoonTruck

Reaction score
True, however the things I’ll mention on SCC are:
1) it gives you enhanced auto braking, most collisions are rear ends. I think this makes it an invaluable feature. Reducing the chance of a crash, the kind that’s your fault, it’s extra property and injury protection.
2) I had 2012 Audi that had ACC, the above was what I thought was best. The only time I actively used it was on the highway on road trips, just slightly nicer than regular CC.
3) I’m not sure how GMs ACC behaves but if it’s smart, it’s awesome to use in stop and go traffic. This alone would be another reason alone I would get it.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not buy any car regardless of price in 2023 without adaptive cruise control, automatic braking , lane assist, pedestrian collision avoidance at a minimum. These systems are super valuable as driver aids that not only make driving safer but reduce fatigue.

Especially since even economy cars are starting to come standard with all of it.

Those that do not have these features will have a tougher time selling their vehicles in the future. I guarantee it.

Covid spec vehicles are really gonna hurt the consumer. Not only did most over pay for them but they are also missing many features.

To each their own I suppose.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are set on buying a new vehicle a 18-20 xl or suburban is a great choice, just my opinion.
I had gotten a 2018 Escalade Luxury with 48k which allowed me to add the GMPP platinum warranty to 100k last year. Great looking truck and allows me to still use my kids DVD collection since it has a DVD Blue-ray. The 2021+ doesn’t have it. Got it for half the price as a new Yukon. The 2018-2020 has the same drivetrain as the current model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts