rattling running boards 2022 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running boards on the Z71 are attached in 4 places. The metal arms are covered by a plastic housing. On mine, at 50+ on a windy day or 70+ otherwise, at least one rattles. I found a short-term fix is to jam zip ties between the body and the plastic. Hope this helps someone. Stupid fix for a 2022, and the dealer "couldn't replicate" the issue at 600 miles. :-(

mbd2015LTZ

Reaction score
At least you have yours, mine are on backorder with no ETA currently. Let me if you find a repair for the rattle, I may need it when mine come in!

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you like some squeaks with that $1700 rattle, sir? I don't believe there are any constraints on squeaks but let me check with my manager first.

Smartinfam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The running boards on the Z71 are attached in 4 places. The metal arms are covered by a plastic housing. On mine, at 50+ on a windy day or 70+ otherwise, at least one rattles. I found a short-term fix is to jam zip ties between the body and the plastic. Hope this helps someone. Stupid fix for a 2022, and the dealer "couldn't replicate" the issue at 600 miles. :-(
Thanks for the post. I just got my Z71 last week and found the rattle quite annoying all the way from Michigan to Florida. I have looked everywhere and couldn’t see anything loose. I also notice my rattle at 50+ mph. I’ll post if that fix fixes mine also.

Smartinfam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I just got my Z71 last week and found the rattle quite annoying all the way from Michigan to Florida. I have looked everywhere and couldn’t see anything loose. I also notice my rattle at 50+ mph. I’ll post if that fix fixes mine also.
Just an update, I found my rattle to be the heat shields underneath the passenger seats at rows 1 and 2. The dealer put new fasteners on last week and I have no rattles now.

HiKuntry1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here and a few others. I’ll try your fix and see, but dealer here also couldn’t figure it out after 5 days in the shop.