Rap is staying on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also you mentioned the tech2 saying rap was off? was that with the door open or closed or no change when opening the door

OP
OP
P

purebred166

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stock nav radio. I just bought it from a small dealer. The cooling seats didn't work. They said they will fix it by the time I came back. I get back and they couldn't fix it. Ok no worries i saved some money because they couldn't fix it. I drove home and the light didn't turn on when I opened the door and the radio wouldn't turn off. It worked fine on the test drive. So it was something they did. I did watch there work practices and don't want to take it back for them to make it worse. I stuck my tech 2 on it and found out the cooled seat problem was in the ddm it has input but no output. Ok go into the bcm and when opening the drivers door the rap turns off in the bcm like it should but the radio stays on till it times out and the light still don't turn on.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fix that DDM and I bet the RAP issue gets fixed in the process.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock nav radio. I just bought it from a small dealer. The cooling seats didn't work. They said they will fix it by the time I came back. I get back and they couldn't fix it. Ok no worries i saved some money because they couldn't fix it. I drove home and the light didn't turn on when I opened the door and the radio wouldn't turn off. It worked fine on the test drive. So it was something they did. I did watch there work practices and don't want to take it back for them to make it worse. I stuck my tech 2 on it and found out the cooled seat problem was in the ddm it has input but no output. Ok go into the bcm and when opening the drivers door the rap turns off in the bcm like it should but the radio stays on till it times out and the light still don't turn on.
I would go by there and at least ask what they dug into while attempting to fix the seat and see if that points you to anything.

OP
OP
P

purebred166

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would go by there and at least ask what they dug into while attempting to fix the seat and see if that points you to anything.
I did. They had the front seat out and the ddm. I checked all the connections thinking that might be it. But I didn't find anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20