Range technologies RA003B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked this up for $100 shipped BNIB
Wish it was green instead of blue but that’s ok
Now on to the fun part
Exhaust tone sounds different! No more shoddy ricer v4 mode with the series 40 inline. When throwing the tow haul mode switch on holy **** truck has some real v8 pep no more hesitation “there is a little which could be solved with a device” but I’m really happy with this device.

I mentioned in another post that I’m changing the exhaust which I am def now deleting the resonator can at the back and dropping the series 40 FM for the XS1259 muffler maybe this weekend.

So all in all this was well worth the purchase

Oh and by the way for those who don’t RT FM make sure when you plug in the device you let it sync and stop flashing before starting your truck or you will get a engine light error

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked this up for $100 shipped BNIB
Wish it was green instead of blue but that’s ok
Now on to the fun part
Exhaust tone sounds different! No more shoddy ricer v4 mode with the series 40 inline. When throwing the tow haul mode switch on holy **** truck has some real v8 pep no more hesitation “there is a little which could be solved with a device” but I’m really happy with this device.

I mentioned in another post that I’m changing the exhaust which I am def now deleting the resonator can at the back and dropping the series 40 FM for the XS1259 muffler maybe this weekend.

So all in all this was well worth the purchase

Oh and by the way for those who don’t RT FM make sure when you plug in the device you let it sync and stop flashing before starting your truck or you will get a engine light error
I have had one now for just over a year. Best $180 I've spent in quite some time. I also use an extension adapter to keep my OBD2 port open. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711LGRG...olid=360UX0FZCXRN4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My instrument cluster display to look at 80 miles per gallon lol
My score is 23mph high way and 17 in the city street
Nice, so the short answer is, no dip. Or at least not enough difference to make a difference.
If California didn't have such stupid rules about messing with factory tunes and ecm (and then making you ineligible for smog/registration) I'd just get it tuned. But I might have to pick one of these up to keep it in V8 mode instead.
I've read keeping it in V8 mode has some reliability/motor-health benefits as well (like with oil consumption and lifter longevity).

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the range but kept getting error messages from onstar so I decided to tune. I get approx 25MPG on the highway running a 93 with just me in the car. With family and loaded up it about 23. Hope this helps. In VA we have smog inspections and mine passes. The tune will not change emissions.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the same AFM Disabler back in August hoping to avoid the lifter issues and oil consumption.

Just under 40K on my 2017 Yukon 6.2L at the time...

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the same AFM Disabler back in August hoping to avoid the lifter issues and oil consumption.

Just under 40K on my 2017 Yukon 6.2L at the time...
And how is it working out for you?

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And how is it working out for you?
I like it. No noticeable change in fuel mileage.
My commute is 2.5 miles with a top speed of 35 mph, I beleive it has cut down on the transmission "hunting" at the lower speeds.
It will do till I get a true delete/cam swap, but you know what they say...
Talk is cheap, whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87