2018 Tahoe premier flowmaster 40 exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a range tech RA003b
I wanted one of these for my 2010 Yukon but never bothered because the truck was needing too much work.

Can’t wait to see what this truck feels like in full v8 mode NOT having to run it in 5gear all the time which honestly I don’t feel the pep like you do when just going manual

Plato442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
40’s have THE worst cab drone. Put a dual in dual out on my 03 Denali w/headers, cam, etc and it’s been absolutely garbage. Bumping up to a Flowmaster big block dual in dual out as soon as I can make the modifications to weld them in

GDEG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning, first off I hope I am placing this in the right area. I purchased a 2018 Tahoe premier last year finally got around to at least dropping the stock muffler and welding on a flowmaster 40 series with flapper removed and stock resonator still inline it sounds good BUT a lot of low end bass from the exhaust inside the cabin which I am starting to not like.
My 2018 Denali has a dealer installed Borla exhaust system when I bought it. It apparently is not cheap to get a good sounding aftermarket performance exhaust. It is extremely muted. I would just reinstall a regular muffler and take the hit.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 Denali has a dealer installed Borla exhaust system when I bought it. It apparently is not cheap to get a good sounding aftermarket performance exhaust. It is extremely muted. I would just reinstall a regular muffler and take the hit.

I'd have to disagree. My muffler was $33 and it had a great sound- volume and note, with no drone. It definitely wasn't the noise a Blowmaster makes.

Plato442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a flowmaster hushpower 2 on my 05 Sierra and it has great sound, and no drone at all. So I ended ups scoring another on eBay for $50…just waiting to install on something in the future.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the flowmaster 40 removed and the XS12 added but did not have the resonator deleted yet need to wait to get more money

It’s so quiet but I’m sure once I get the res out of line and a pipe with tip it’ll be louder?

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if anyone has a recommendation on a tip similar to the Corsa dual tip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu