Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having second thoughts about the T6....it be pretty big :lol:

I moved the heater core hoses to the fender using (i think) fittings for a trailblazer/envoy. they were the same 5/8" quick connect just 90*, ac delco. one side goes right to the waterpump, the other Ts into the overflow tank. I'm going to probably turn the overflow tank and remount or grab a different one (mustang/corvette) i think are a little lower profile, and use the same size hoses

moved the battery over to the driverside tray. I was going to just hack up the cables that were there to reconnect everything but i'm going to redo them with a larger conductor (sorta big 3 mod), not sure what size they are now but maybe #4 or #3awg- I think i have some 1/0 battery cable around here somewhere i'll run from the battery to the alternator and starter... acc. fuse box i'll probably reuse some of the existing cable.

a/c - pretty sure i'll need to have some hoses made. I heard the non rear ac hose is a little longer to be able to work around the manifold and may get me by in the mean time. there is actually plenty of slack on the rear ac lines but it Ts into the suction line from the dryer and that hose is kind tight right now. It looks like the suction hose for a duramax truck goes out to the fender and may be the best bet for atleast getting front ac working in quick time. hoses are pretty cheap, 50 bux or so. going to grab one and see how it works out.

the cross over tucks up nice and high, i need to do a little massaging to the transmission cooler lines to get them off of it, but shouldnt be bad.

pulled all the wiring off of that side also, most of it needs to go somewhere else now probably forgetting a few but main ones:
passenger side o2 sensors - front one will go on manifold for, rear one is deleted
maf- will now go in the charge pipe up front middle
ground loop - will go near battery (now on driverside)

Last edited:

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post some photos of your roof? If I keep my 2001, it's going to need the roof stripped and repainted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa1971