Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Jesus bless my tinkering friends in need. Amen,
It's all starting to come together

also, another question some of you guys who tow a lot may know - @Geotrash ? i bought a cheap 7pin plug tester cause i havent towd with this thing since it was stock height years ago. didnt want any surprises. all the lights test out good, running/brake/left/right/reverse but the 12v+ constant pin on the plug? i read some (most) trucks dont come with the fuse under the hood as its not really needed unless your running accessories thru the plug? should i be worried about it? dont know if i ever had it cause i probably didnt need it at the time

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all starting to come together

also, another question some of you guys who tow a lot may know - @Geotrash ? i bought a cheap 7pin plug tester cause i havent towd with this thing since it was stock height years ago. didnt want any surprises. all the lights test out good, running/brake/left/right/reverse but the 12v+ constant pin on the plug? i read some (most) trucks dont come with the fuse under the hood as its not really needed unless your running accessories thru the plug? should i be worried about it? dont know if i ever had it cause i probably didnt need it at the time
It's not connected. It's the bundle of wires under the brake booster and it connects to one of the studs on the front of the fuse box. The fuse is a 40 amp J-Case.

Don't forget, whatever you plug into will pull power even when you shut your truck off. It could drain your battery.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not connected. It's the bundle of wires under the brake booster and it connects to one of the studs on the front of the fuse box. The fuse is a 40 amp J-Case.

Don't forget, whatever you plug into will pull power even when you shut your truck off. It could drain your battery.
glad your back, helpful tonight :happy160:

and i think ive repurposed that relay a long time ago but good to know! i dont think ill need it

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered a coupe stretch belts for the ac and picked them up from oriellys, also dug thru my stash and found a few more - i have like 5 or 6 total, also found an ac belt tensioner (pre stretch years) so i should be able to make something work. ive got the stretch belt tool around here somewhere

fronts pads still had plenty of life left in em :oops:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
efd in the a.

first i thought swapping the ac pulley was going to be easy, cause the ati bolts together and leaves a hub on the crank...but the ac pulley goes behind that hub so i ended up having to pull the whole thing off the crank anyway :emotions122:
the 337 stretch belt i got worked out as a stretch belt even... no real clue what the tension or anything is supposed to be on it, but it went on about as much as the stock one on the stock pulley before needing the tool and spin the crank to install...so i guess its close?

but it didnt make a damn difference, ac does the same thing :doh2:

Last trick i got is to get the intake away from the radiator and as mentioned before....hopefully suck some air that isnt 140+ degrees into the turbo and maybe the intercooler/chiller wont have to work so hard to keep temp down. it wont be here till monday tho

maybe evac a little freon

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Converter is not optimized for towing :oops:
Prob rides better with the weight but it def feels it back there
for the freon charge... i think i need to have it in park and just rev to 2500rpm and see what the gauges say and adjust from there i prob shouldve done that a long time ago cause nothing else is working

20230721_090734.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts