Ramps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does anyone use ramps while they work on their Tahoe? If so what brand do you all use or recommend. I have been looking around and there are plenty to choose from. What material is best? Some people say steel and some say composite. I would obviously trust steel but composite is high on the list also. I work in the aircraft industry and composite has been around awhile now. Thanks for the feedback.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weight limit on most ramps below front of truck weight. Also sometimes one will skid when driving on, making both uneven. Lastly tires usually too wide to fit pocket. Choose wisely.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
I have the same rhino ramps, and I don’t think there’s anything I can complain about. They’re light, they stack nice, I’ve had no trouble with sliding, weight rating far exceeds anything I could use it for, $40 on Amazon.

Reaction score
I have an older pair of Rhino Ramps that look like the one in this pic.

I've had them for at least 15 years and use them with all my vehicles and even my brother's minivan...lol

Think they're rated 8,000lbs GVW, 2,000lbs each, 4,000lbs pair

h6fdLL55nMfYIDY5.medium.jpg

Oh, if I do get another pair, I want to get the kind that has a detachable ramp. That ramp gets in the way sometimes and I hit it with my creeper. If the vehicle allows, depending on what I'm working on, I'll place them backwards and drive up them in reverse so the ramp part is pointing towards the front.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weight limit on most ramps below front of truck weight. Also sometimes one will skid when driving on, making both uneven. Lastly tires usually too wide to fit pocket. Choose wisely.
I have these steel ones from Harbor Freight. Work great for the Denalis.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use rhino ramps with my Yukon and my 3500 van. No problems but I did just have the Ramps slide on my the last time I went to use them for whatever reason. I think the ground was uneven though

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does anyone use ramps while they work on their Tahoe? If so what brand do you all use or recommend. I have been looking around and there are plenty to choose from. What material is best? Some people say steel and some say composite. I would obviously trust steel but composite is high on the list also. I work in the aircraft industry and composite has been around awhile now. Thanks for the feedback.
We also have those older Rhino ramps and they work great still even after the kids rolled their cars over the side of them!

Only trouble sometimes is, they don't go high enough. So we also have the old school metal ramps from Harbor Freight that lift the truck about 3-4 more inches. Both types have to be chalked on our concrete driveway to keep from sliding, the rubber pads on the Rhinos are long gone.

OP
OP
Brandon2489

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for all the replies. I will check these options out.