Ramps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnyj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use the 16,000lb Rhino Ramps as well. They're great, (Haven't used them on my Denali as of yet because I just got the car). I would reccomend changing them out every few years or so, they do degrade over time, always inspect them. My neighbor had his Rhino Ramps break apart last summer as he was loading his car on top. Inspect everytime you use them, for extra piece of mind have another item underneath to support your vehicle just in case and change them out every few years. The composite degrades over time (how long I don't know so I'll change mine every 3 - 4 years), and metal fatigues over time too.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the 16,000lb Rhino Ramps as well. They're great, (Haven't used them on my Denali as of yet because I just got the car). I would reccomend changing them out every few years or so, they do degrade over time, always inspect them. My neighbor had his Rhino Ramps break apart last summer as he was loading his car on top. Inspect everytime you use them, for extra piece of mind have another item underneath to support your vehicle just in case and change them out every few years. The composite degrades over time (how long I don't know so I'll change mine every 3 - 4 years), and metal fatigues over time too.
Mine are the old style and they have not degraded at all in... seventeen or eighteen years I think. They are constructed much differently. The new ones scare me, would never use those. Picture below off the internet but that is what we have along with HF Steel Ramps for more lift when needed.

1628728844951.png

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Mine are the old style and they have not degraded at all in... seventeen or eighteen years I think. They are constructed much differently. The new ones scare me, would never use those. Picture below off the internet but that is what we have along with HF Steel Ramps for more lift when needed.

View attachment 347393
I used to have a set of these. They were great, but the rubber bumpers/anti skid got lost pretty quick.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a set of these. They were great, but the rubber bumpers/anti skid got lost pretty quick.
Yeah, we lost them about 8 years ago in one of the moves. If I ever come across those rubber play mats that connect like puzzle pieces, I think cutting some of that up to fit would work. For now we just throw those Harbor Freight rubber wheel chocks in front of them when driving onto the ramps and then toss 'em behind a rear wheel after.

Reaction score
Yeah, we lost them about 8 years ago in one of the moves. If I ever come across those rubber play mats that connect like puzzle pieces, I think cutting some of that up to fit would work. For now we just throw those Harbor Freight rubber wheel chocks in front of them when driving onto the ramps and then toss 'em behind a rear wheel after.
My ramps are just like these. The rubber blocks on the bottom used to fall out of their pocket all the time. I used a zip tie through the hole in each one to hold it in place. Been like that for maybe 10 years.

Also, a few years ago when my brother was pulling his front wheel drive minivan up them he gunned it a bit and did a little burnout on one of them and melted the traction surface a bit (second Pic) 20210811_205712.jpg

20210811_205910.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My ramps are just like these. The rubber blocks on the bottom used to fall out of their pocket all the time. I used a zip tie through the hole in each one to hold it in place. Been like that for maybe 10 years.

Also, a few years ago when my brother was pulling his front wheel drive minivan up them he gunned it a bit and did a little burnout on one of them and melted the traction surface a bit (second Pic) View attachment 347394

View attachment 347395
Nothing like a mini van burnout.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same rhino ramps, and I don’t think there’s anything I can complain about. They’re light, they stack nice, I’ve had no trouble with sliding, weight rating far exceeds anything I could use it for, $40 on Amazon.
I just ordered a set of those on Amazon. I have a set of the metal ones but in order to clear my air dam in the front I have to use some 2 x 6’s stacked in front and drive up on them first and then up the ramps. Looks like these might have a gentler slope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645