Rainsense Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenric

Reaction score
So, I bought my 2013 Denali a couple weeks ago and just now realized that it doesn't have Rainsense wipers.

I know they did at one point because I drove many Yukons and Escalades that had them back when I was working on the 2 mode hybrids (I am a Hybrid Propulsion engineer with GM).

I guess at some point they pulled them. I knew they pulled the heated washer fluid system, I remember that mess when it happened.

Anyway, I've liked Rainsense wipers since I had them on my '96 STS. Please, let's not get into a debate about if YOU like Rainsense wipers, or the merits of the system.

Does anyone know if someone has retrofitted Rainsense back into a later year where they were not available?

Or, has anyone tried......

http://www.raintracker.com/

Thanks in advance.

Steel Billet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would just be happy if I could find some wiper blades that are quite, didnt streak or jump and vibrate as they are running. I've bought rain x and another expensive brand in the last month. ???no luck,

robdeniro0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I never noticed if mine had them or not, have to check next rain.

jstutz101

Reaction score
I would just be happy if I could find some wiper blades that are quite, didnt streak or jump and vibrate as they are running. I've bought rain x and another expensive brand in the last month. ???no luck,

Have you tried Bosch? I've had pretty good luck with them.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
90 bucks seems a lot for something you can do in a second. I use the rain x glass cleaner and repellant and harldy use wipers at all lol

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I unplugged the sensor on my '09 several weeks ago when it started going crazy and turning the wipers on high speed with just a few drops of rain. I never liked the way the rain sensing worked, there was no way to control how it operated, so now I have full control of the wipers. Now if they worked like my 14 year BMW where the rain sense only works on the slowest of the intermittent settings I'd be a lot happier.

tlsnokuyeulb

Reaction score
90 bucks seems a lot for something you can do in a second. I use the rain x glass cleaner and repellant and harldy use wipers at all lol

X2

I haven't replaced the wipers on my other car in 8 years thanks to rain x. Same story with the explorer I had before the Yukon. Rain x FTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160