Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wesley Cooley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 gmc yukon denali with the bose stock radio. I am trying to install a rockford fosgate prime r2-500x1 amp, sni-35 line output converter, and 2 12 inch Kenwood subs. I have tried to tap into the speaker wires at the original amp and speakers. I have power and ground to my amp but can't get any sound out of the subs. Any help would be appreciated.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, the resistance is different on the Bose system than "standard". I think Bose is 2 ohms, and everyone else on the planet is 4. I don't remember for sure.

Or are you stating you have bypassed everything, and are only using the existing wiring?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bose was (still is) famous for designing integrated systems that work really well together as a package. I still have my Bose 301 bookshelf speakers I bought in the 1980's and a mini-cube home theater speaker/subwoofer set I bought in the early 2000's. They sound fantastic, just last forever. I never had to have a repair, but if I did... I could just drive it down the turnpike to Framingham, MA and drop it off for service.

Bose was one of the first premium sound packages offered in production cars from the factory. They went with proprietary configurations and did things just a little differently. I think that was to keep people from swapping out components that might not be up to Bose engineering standards. Yes, you can replace a Bose speaker with something else (speaker, amp, etc.), but you need to match things like impedance in order for things to work.

As @S33k3r mentioned... You'd need to match Bose system parameters for things to function properly.

OP
OP
W

Wesley Cooley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IIRC, the resistance is different on the Bose system than "standard". I think Bose is 2 ohms, and everyone else on the planet is 4. I don't remember for sure.

Or are you stating you have bypassed everything, and are only using the existing wiring?
I have tried tapping into the wires at the bose amp like I see in a lot of videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094