Radio lights won’t turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I can 1) throw a few hundred at new head unit and risk the same problem or 2) spend $10 and figure out if it’s my wiring. Now how do I figure out which wire it is? Someone said the “trigger illumination wire” on Facebook Denali/Tahoe group, and they said the wire is possibly orange.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it to a dealership and have them diagnose the issue. You have been spinning your wheels over the past few days without gaining much traction. Folks have said let it dry for a couple days, but you only gave it 12 hours. Getting a multimeter is easy, knowing how to use it to diagnose your issue without much troubleshooting experience or a set of schematics is another thing.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to a dealership and have them diagnose the issue. You have been spinning your wheels over the past few days without gaining much traction. Folks have said let it dry for a couple days, but you only gave it 12 hours. Getting a multimeter is easy, knowing how to use it to diagnose your issue without much troubleshooting experience or a set of schematics is another thing.
All I wanted to hear really, I’m not an electrician, and I am not a mechanic. I change my serpentine belt and did a pulley and cleaned my throttle body. Any one can do that.

When it comes to wiring and stuff and electric stuff I’m out I can’t do that stuff. I really don’t have the time or the patience.

And about drying the car: I would love to sit and let my car drive for five days striagjt windows down, doors wide open in a nice garage with fans and dehumidifiers blowing on it. But I don’t have any of those things. I have mentioned my situation and why I can’t do the things People recommend on here

me and my small family need a car. We have one car and we have errands and things to do and jobs to go to. So it’s not like I’m being defiant I just have things to do.

I’ve done what I could. I literally took the radio out and dried it with multiple damp rid containers around and a fan on it. Like It can’t be that wet. It’s not like I took the radio and threw it in a tub of water.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I wanted to hear really, I’m not an electrician, and I am not a mechanic. I change my serpentine belt and did a pulley and cleaned my throttle body. Any one can do that.

When it comes to wiring and stuff and electric stuff I’m out I can’t do that stuff. I really don’t have the time or the patience.

And about drying the car: I would love to sit and let my car drive for five days striagjt windows down, doors wide open in a nice garage with fans and dehumidifiers blowing on it. But I don’t have any of those things. I have mentioned my situation and why I can’t do the things People recommend on here

me and my small family need a car. We have one car and we have errands and things to do and jobs to go to. So it’s not like I’m being defiant I just have things to do.

I’ve done what I could. I literally took the radio out and dried it with multiple damp rid containers around and a fan on it. Like It can’t be that wet. It’s not like I took the radio and threw it in a tub of water.
I’ve let the car dry on multiple occasions for hours at a time I need to use my car. Literally the only issue I am having is the RADIO ACCENT LIGHTING

It’s not that serious but it’s annoying. How can the problem be so major and complicated for something so small?

Man I tell you want some days I wish I never got a car some days I wish I still had my bike and a great credit score

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little vent there but honestly, this car is been stressing me out so much I really don’t care at this point. Needed to do that..

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little vent there but honestly, this car is been stressing me out so much I really don’t care at this point. Needed to do that..
No problem with venting. We all need to do it sometimes. At the end of the day, its just a car and things can be fixed.

I was referring to the radio unit itself, not the whole vehicle. Folks said to let the radio dry out for a couple days.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem with venting. We all need to do it sometimes. At the end of the day, its just a car and things can be fixed.

I was referring to the radio unit itself, not the whole vehicle. Folks said to let the radio dry out for a couple days.
Thanks for understanding

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think another pattern I'm seeing here is that when people suggest a solution or a path forward to you, you give a reason why you don't think you can do it and then you go on asking more questions, continuing the pattern. I get that you're new to this, but so were all of us at one time. The ONLY way to learn is to roll up your sleeves and get in there. You can buy a $10 multimeter on Amazon that will do the job, and YouTube will be your friend as you learn the basics.
This.

And starting several threads all related to the same topic which overcomplicates things for other members who:

a) have similar issues and looking for answers/guidance
b) contributors who feel like they have to respond to the same questions twice, three times ,etc

There's a multitude of like-kind iboughtatahoe's threads that can be consolidated into three 'master' threads:

1) Exhaust Leak
2) Transmission
3) Potential Water Damage

Moving everything into one thread for each topic will create a more streamlined, centralized repository for the OP as well as other users in similar situations, both now and in the future where they can find input in one place for each of the above topics vs having to search for and jump from thread to thread to thread. If the OP feels his questions aren't being answered or they're being missed, he can simply bump the thread.

Additionally, he has received advice, feedback and recommendations from folks who have forgotten more about fixing/maintaining these vehicles then the OP (or I) will ever know across all of his threads so combining them into master threads would put all that expertise in one place for each topic.

Just my .02.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Early on I recommended sticking to one thread (not this one); anyway I know of no easy way to combine threads. It is what it is. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts