Radiator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Splorg

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, sir. Had a robbery attempt last night and I ended up at work until nearly time to open this morning. Headed back after I type out this message.

What you see is what I got - the only parts recycled are the cooler lines themselves and the plastic caps. Everything forward of the metal cooler line was provided and installed in the new rad when it came out of the box. Looks to be a gasket in there between the fitting and rad tank too. Sorry about the quality of the photos. I hope this helps!a5a2e4feec8be531168fb0590792f74e.jpg96c3d2cb88526698542850edf77a392a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, sir. Had a robbery attempt last night and I ended up at work until nearly time to open this morning. Headed back after I type out this message.

What you see is what I got - the only parts recycled are the cooler lines themselves and the plastic caps. Everything forward of the metal cooler line was provided and installed in the new rad when it came out of the box. Looks to be a gasket in there between the fitting and rad tank too. Sorry about the quality of the photos. I hope this helps!a5a2e4feec8be531168fb0590792f74e.jpg96c3d2cb88526698542850edf77a392a.jpg

Don't think that's a gasket, should be Loctite.

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
splorg:
Thanks for the pics. Whats that thing on the underside of the trans line? Looks like a key tool of some sort??

Other than that, your line connections look just like mine I would say. And if that's true, then it reasons that part of the cost reduction for online sales of this particular brand rad is the buyer installs the fittings.

Retail: installed.
Online: the sucker does it.

That's my opinion anyways, based on what things appear.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
splorg:
Thanks for the pics. Whats that thing on the underside of the trans line? Looks like a key tool of some sort??

If you're talking about the shiny part within the red rectangles, that's the crimp where the plastic ends are crimped to the radiator core. That's behind the lines, not connected to them.

96c3d2cb88526698542850edf77a392a.jpg

new2yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the shiny part within the red rectangles, that's the crimp where the plastic ends are crimped to the radiator core. That's behind the lines, not connected to them.

Oh. Ok. Now I see. haha.

And now I'm 99% sure the cost reduction implemented to better achieve the online discount price point was to provide the fittings and have consumer install them.

Not best business practices I might say.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Splorg

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that is indeed the edge of the aluminum radiator core.

It's sort of irritating that mine came assembled and yours didn't. I'll have to remember that when ordering parts online - I would be furious, if positions were reversed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879