Front End Collision 2011 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PopoPackage2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, have had terrible luck with this thing in the 2 short weeks or so ive owned it.

I rear ended someone, I only have liability coverage.

Long story short, I limped it home and ended up overheating it about 5 mins away from my place. My front bumper and grille are pushed in, and passenger fender pushed in a little to the point where I believe it cracked the coolant expansion tank, that or a cracked radiator.

Who has had their truck overheat/cooling system failure and what parts did you replace?

So far im shooting for new radiator, expansion tank, thermostat, all hoses

possibly water pump, tstat housing? What you guys think? Are there any PPV specific parts for the 2011 tahoes?

Any help greatly appreciated

***I understand I could have damaged or blown the head gasket but the oil did not look contaminated...ill cross that bridge when I come to it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, have had terrible luck with this thing in the 2 short weeks or so ive owned it.

I rear ended someone, I only have liability coverage.

Long story short, I limped it home and ended up overheating it about 5 mins away from my place. My front bumper and grille are pushed in, and passenger fender pushed in a little to the point where I believe it cracked the coolant expansion tank, that or a cracked radiator.

Who has had their truck overheat/cooling system failure and what parts did you replace?

So far im shooting for new radiator, expansion tank, thermostat, all hoses

possibly water pump, tstat housing? What you guys think? Are there any PPV specific parts for the 2011 tahoes?

Any help greatly appreciated

***I understand I could have damaged or blown the head gasket but the oil did not look contaminated...ill cross that bridge when I come to it.

What exactly happened when it overheated? Gauge pegged and message on the DIC? Anything actually "blow steam"? IIRC, the PCM is programmed to exaggerate the actual temperature and peg the gauge sooner to help prevent catastrophic damage. If yours got just to the point of triggering the warning and you shut it down, you might be okay with just replacing the broken bits that leaked the water out. They'll have to be replaced regardless if the engine was damaged. The radiator is a PPV-specific part, but might be the same as what's on an upscale and/or heavier-duty vehicle, like a Denali. I believe it has the engine oil cooler. If a radiator without the EOC is cheaper and you're not concerned with having it, you can get that and remove the EOC line set and install a block-off, either factory or (as I'd recommend) the one from ICT Billet.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are lucky and didn't push it after it said overheated then you can probably get away with that 2 times without any damages, doing that more than a couple times or pushing it down the road anyway and you can forget about that engine they can only take so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts