Radiator electric cooling fans not coming on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrostyLT05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe 5.3 2WD with 165K miles on it. Recently, I noticed that my electric cooling fans on the radiator are not turning on. My coolant temp gauge is working normally and I have not observed any overheating. They do not come on under any condition; running the AC nor the engine coming up to operating temp and not under any driving condition.

I replaced all of the relays and fuses in the electric fan fuse/relay box beside the main fuse box. I’ve replaced my coolant temperature sensor with a new AC Delco unit. I unplugged the coolant temp sensor and started the truck, the fans turned on immediately. The fans are getting power, and they work.

I’m not sure what could be wrong. I have hit a wall and wanted your ideas as to what could be wrong before I throw in the towel and take it to a mechanic.

The truck will be parked until I get this figured out.

Thank you.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

A friend of mine had a similar problem, about 2 years ago, and he replaced this part: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4664736&jsn=716, and it was fixed. He got it from a dealer somewhere. The one I show you is an aftermarket part but I recommend the Genuine GM or Delco part if you can find one, part #19189400.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
F

FrostyLT05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

A friend of mine had a similar problem, about 2 years ago, and he replaced this part: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4664736&jsn=716, and it was fixed. He got it from a dealer somewhere. The one I show you is an aftermarket part but I recommend the Genuine GM or Delco part if you can find one, part #19189400.
Thank you! I will give this a shot. I was thinking this was a possibility but was hoping it could have been something more simple. Not looking forward to the wiring but I would like to start driving the Tahoe again.

OP
OP
F

FrostyLT05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

Thank you! I look forward to becoming a participating and contributing member. I’ve been around Chevy trucks all my life. It’s about time I signed up here!280C9671-7B4B-46DC-96F9-844F711D267F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98