???Question: Remote start - 2010 **???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to adjust the run timer on the remote start for a 2010 Tahoe? It shuts off after 10 minutes, but I want to set it for 20-30. Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
Chip

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the truck for work and I like to leave it runnin w/the A/C on. Everyday it's 90+ degrees w/90+ percent humidity.

Can the dealer set the timer? I would imagine it's adjustable somehow.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the truck for work and I like to leave it runnin w/the A/C on. Everyday it's 90+ degrees w/90+ percent humidity.

Can the dealer set the timer? I would imagine it's adjustable somehow.

Maybe but I don't know for sure. Doesn't hurt to call and ask

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea!

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Okay. For anybody who is curious (in the futere), you CANNOT adjust the run timer on the factory remote start. I just got off the phone with Chevy, and they said no, you can't.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, but you get 2 remote starts before you have to put the key in. So run it for 10 minutes, and then remote start it again and you would have had it running for 20 minutes like you want.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory Remote Sucks:

1: No time adjustment
2: No Valet Mode (You can not leave truck running and take key out to lock doors)
3: If you leave your key in the ignition permanently and carry fob to lock doors, the key needs to be halfway out to remote start.
4: Range is horrible (don't know about the advanced upgrade)
5: No option to have accessory power/radio power.

Just a few reasons why I want to get an aftermarket system.

I am not privileged to have heated or cooled seats, do they operate under remote start condtions? Do you have to leave them turned on for them to operate with remote start?

OP
OP
chip

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna have to get an aftermarket system soon.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not privileged to have heated or cooled seats, do they operate under remote start condtions? Do you have to leave them turned on for them to operate with remote start?

I haven't noticed the cooled seats coming on in high temperatures yet, but the heated seats do come on when it's cold outside, when you remote start it. They turn off after you put the key in, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12