Question on Google Maps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccfdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GMC at4 and Denali both get 36 mos of GMC connected services with purchase, so you “should” have access for 3 years…push on star button and ask!
Does anyone know what comes with this included 36 mos program? Is it the full functionality, unlimited Wi-Fi hotspot, full use of Google features, use of the app, etc? Thanks!

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what comes with this included 36 mos program? Is it the full functionality, unlimited Wi-Fi hotspot, full use of Google features, use of the app, etc? Thanks!
This is what is listed as included in the 36 month complimentary trial in my phone app. Some of it references Super Cruise so doesnt apply to the 2022 Yukon but I guess everything in this bundle comes with the trial.

Complimentary Coverage​

GMC Maps+​

Get personalized navigation, stay on top of the latest road closures, traffic updates and view the current weather conditions as you travel — all seamlessly displayed on your vehicle’s touchscreen.

Remote Key Fob​

Remotely start or stop your properly equipped vehicle, lock and unlock the doors, sound the horn and lights, all with your smartphone.

Vehicle Status​

Check your fuel range, tire pressure, oil life and odometer all from your smartphone.

Vehicle Locate​

See your vehicle's location on a map and set and share custom boundary notifications for arrivals and departures.

Remote Personalization​

Customize your radio stations and In-Vehicle Apps from your smartphone with the my mobile app.

Send-to-Navigation​

Using the my mobile app, send a destination to your vehicle so it’s ready to go when you are.

Unlimited Data​

Your passengers can stay on top of everything online. Get unlimited access to in-vehicle data. Stream, surf and play with fast, reliable Wi-Fi®

Map Updates and Precise Positioning​

Super Cruise* driver assistance feature requires connectivity to enable the latest map updates and help keep you centered in your lane.

Connected Navigation​

Equipped vehicles get access to real-time traffic and point-of-interest updates from your vehicle's navigation system.

Hands-Free Driving​

Available Super Cruise* driver assistance feature offers the ease and convenience of hands-free driving on compatible highways.

WarnerMedia RIDE App™​

Your passengers can stream 1000+ hours of hit shows and movies on their own devices from networks such as HBO Max, Cartoon Network, CNN and more. With content updated monthly, even if your drive is routine, the entertainment stays fresh.

Google Built-In​

Google built-in compatibility offers a helpful, personalized and seamless way to enhance your in-vehicle experience. With Google Assistant, Google Maps and Google Play you get access to hands-free help, live traffic updates, some of your favorite apps and more.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I have a question - on my new 2022 Yukon SLT I have trips loaded onto my Android Google Maps, I start one of the trips on the phone and the voice in the Yukon starts telling me where to go BUT there is no route display on the infotainment center screen like there is on the phone? How do I get the infotainment screen to mirror the phone? Probably pretty simple but I am old, and my grand kids are not here today!
Thanks for any help!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my new Yukon Denali XL for 3 weeks. I really love the Google maps, it's world's above the GPS in my previous car and my husband's car because of the route selection options; real-time traffic changes; etc.

The one thing about using Apple / Android play once the 3-year WiFi plan runs out is that, as far as I can tell, the directions will not display on the digital dash or heads-up-display when using them -- while it does when using Google Maps (if you choose that setting).

Being able to see GPS directions on my digital display right in front of me so I don't have to look at the big touch screen map is very important to me... YMMV, but I will be paying for the connected service for the duration I have the car just to preserve that feature.

While it's annoying, I think the added benefit of having Google maps is worth it. In my 2019 Pathfinder I traded in and my husbands 2018 Mazda CX9, the built-in GPS are both so bad that we ended up using Google maps on my phone all the time (which I hated since it meant looking at a teeny tiny screen or manually giving my husband directions while driving).

WiFi is also handy for my son being able to watch YouTube videos while driving...
Apple Maps via CarPlay puts turn directions on the Head Up Display.
Waze vial CarPlay does not.
I have not tired Google Maps via CarPlay.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I have a question - on my new 2022 Yukon SLT I have trips loaded onto my Android Google Maps, I start one of the trips on the phone and the voice in the Yukon starts telling me where to go BUT there is no route display on the infotainment center screen like there is on the phone? How do I get the infotainment screen to mirror the phone? Probably pretty simple but I am old, and my grand kids are not here today!
Thanks for any help!
OK, got the infotainment to mirror the phone by starting the phone google maps first and then tapping on the infotainment Android Auto button BUT once the Android auto is running you can not access Google maps again on your phone which seems really bizarre! So now have to figure out how to disable the Android Auto when I need to access Google Maps.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, got the infotainment to mirror the phone by starting the phone google maps first and then tapping on the infotainment Android Auto button BUT once the Android auto is running you can not access Google maps again on your phone which seems really bizarre! So now have to figure out how to disable the Android Auto when I need to access Google Maps.
Cant' help you here, iPhone user.
What I can tell you is that if I have my phone connected to CarPlay, I can run google maps from car play (uses the phone, not the car's head unit).
I can also hit the map button in the left of the car's head unit, and it will hop to the head unit's google maps.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Android Auto has a known issue with Google Maps, apparently you either have to start Google Maps on your phone before starting the vehicle and then it works just fine. Or if the phone and vehicle are both already running with Android Auto then you have to switch to the WAZE app and then back to Google Maps for Maps to work. Android Auto needs to get their act together as it all started it appears with their recent update.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checking again to see if I am doing this right, so only Android users please let me know if you are doing the same...

I have a saved destination in Google Maps...

1--I start the saved destination in Google Maps before starting the Yukon (directions are displayed on the phone)
2--I start The Yukon
3--I tap the home button on the infotainment screen
4--I tap the Android button
The route is now displayed on the infotainment screen

I can not start a saved destination after the Yukon is running and the phone is connected with Android Auto so if anybody with an Android phone can let me know how you are doing it with Google Maps

JimO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow 3 years of connected services included? Us peasants in Chevrolet get one month...
Agree maybe Chevrolet can step up since they did not disclose this information at time of purchase.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree maybe Chevrolet can step up since they did not disclose this information at time of purchase.
Remember, similarly equipped, Yukon's are about $3k more MSRP than Tahoes...
There is a reason, this is one of them...
GMC also gets fog lights, laminated front door glass, real wood with real Aluminum accent interior on the Denali, Real Leather in both 1st and 2nd rows, and a few others...its pay to play!
But, at $25/month for 35 months, had you known, that in and of itself is 825 of the $3k difference...

Disclosing the info...kind of a grey area. GM does disclose that the Denali and AT4 get "3 Years of connected services included"
Chevy doesn't say "you get a measly 1 month," they just say nothing...with some footnotes saying "additional services required" or whatever...

A good dealer should point this out...but...if the dealer sells Chevy's...they wouldn't want to upsell you into a product they don't sell...

Cross shopping between GM brands is admittedly difficult, there isn't a great place to do a comparison.
Best way is to print the detailed specs sheet, on all the brands, and lay them side by side and compare...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e