Question on Google Maps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
I'll post a pic next time I am using it. I have a 22 Yukon SLT. It looks just like the Google nav tho.
Thanks! I would still like a picture if it isn't too much trouble.

A couple of other people say that it doesn't show for them. I would like to show them that it is possible and please let me know if you had to change any settings to make it work so I can tell them that as well.

Tom-M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same Denali, same packages and color. Love it. A little harder on fuel than my 2016 Tahoe but it rides better and quieter.

OP
OP
DenaliCountry

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same Denali, same packages and color. Love it. A little harder on fuel than my 2016 Tahoe but it rides better and quieter.
Yeah I definitely am noticing that the mileage is no where near my tahoe. And the Tahoe had the same drive train (6.2l 10 speed). Not surprised when you look at how aerodynamic the truck isn't lol.

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It runs out when you no longer have a data plan through OnStar. If you continue to pay for data, then the connected services via Google will continue to work.

However, you have built-in Android Auto and Apple Car Play, so if you have either of those Mobile OS', then you can connect NAV through those services and they will always work so long as you have a cell phone plan.
Hi,
I did not purchase data and am running through my Android Phone and it is working fine. The only thing that does not work is the posted speed sign in the DIC.

Cryptocap

Reaction score
It works on mine. I have a 22 Tahoe RST. It’s getting tinted right now but I’ll take a picture once I pick it up.
That is awesome! Would you mind posting a picture of what that looks like? I was doubtful that we would ever see that happen.

Also, what vehicle does that work in? I have a '22 Tahoe RST coming someday.
23454890-491B-4AEF-8D2E-22791C0E94BD.jpeg
EDIT: added the photo. @Crzylgs

Last edited:

callmebob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may have missed this, but in case I decide to be an idiot and pay for a plan so that I can use the built in Google Maps rather than CarPlay, do I have to buy the $39 a month full plan or can I get away with just the $25 a month connected plan?

Cryptocap

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you for that! Did you have to change any settings for that to work?
Usually I have my music in that section. So just switch it to navigation with the steering wheel button. But no changes in the settings.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Usually I have my music in that section. So just switch it to navigation with the steering wheel button. But no changes in the settings.
Great, thanks! I have had several people tell me that isn't possible. I am so glad that it is easy and just works! Now I just need my Tahoe delivered. Hoping it is being built this week.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that is correct, I have it setup already, was just curious what happens when the trial runs out. Wireless car play definitely helps with the long term need for navigation though lol. Surprising they would offer a navigation technology that you have to pay for monthly to be able to use...
it stop working when 4g is shut down