Question on Google Maps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apple Maps via CarPlay puts turn directions on the Head Up Display.
Waze vial CarPlay does not.
I have not tired Google Maps via CarPlay.
The wife’s 22 Blazer does Waze with directions via wireless CarPlay. Makes no sense why this would be any different.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife’s 22 Blazer does Waze with directions via wireless CarPlay. Makes no sense why this would be any different.
Waze works perfectly fine via wireless
CarPlay on the infotainment screen.

What does not happen when using Waze via CarPlay is the graphical turn and lane guideance appearing in the Heads Up Display, which it does do when using Apple Maps via car play or the integrated Google Maps navigation.

I didn’t even know the Blazer had a heads up display as an option; news to me.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waze works perfectly fine via wireless
CarPlay on the infotainment screen.

What does not happen when using Waze via CarPlay is the graphical turn and lane guideance appearing in the Heads Up Display, which it does do when using Apple Maps via car play or the integrated Google Maps navigation.

I didn’t even know the Blazer had a heads up display as an option; news to me.
We don’t have HUD. But it auto connects with her iPhone. You can use Waze, goggle, apple, or native navigation

ScottPSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remember, similarly equipped, Yukon's are about $3k more MSRP than Tahoes...
There is a reason, this is one of them...
GMC also gets fog lights, laminated front door glass, real wood with real Aluminum accent interior on the Denali, Real Leather in both 1st and 2nd rows, and a few others...its pay to play!
But, at $25/month for 35 months, had you known, that in and of itself is 825 of the $3k difference...

Disclosing the info...kind of a grey area. GM does disclose that the Denali and AT4 get "3 Years of connected services included"
Chevy doesn't say "you get a measly 1 month," they just say nothing...with some footnotes saying "additional services required" or whatever...

A good dealer should point this out...but...if the dealer sells Chevy's...they wouldn't want to upsell you into a product they don't sell...

Cross shopping between GM brands is admittedly difficult, there isn't a great place to do a comparison.
Best way is to print the detailed specs sheet, on all the brands, and lay them side by side and compare...
They do give you 3 years of unlimited data and connected access as part of the purchase, however, if there is an OnStar alternative I am all ears. I bought a 2022 Yukon Denali and had it activated but OnStar removed it from my account. Been in a 3 week battle to get it added back (which is amazing - it should be a simple click on GM's side), but I digress. For a $86k vehicle, being limited to 4G LTE and having to deal with OnStar is a joke.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to change the map details and resolution (2d/3d), etc.? can‘t find it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan