Question about rear glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

318hoe

Reaction score
I've noticed this before but never really thought to ask. Why do some Tahoes/Yukons/etc. have different rear glass panels? On mine, I have a plastic handle on the window itself (which I've seen on some others) but I've also seen some with the handle integrated into the trim around the window itself. Anyone know why some are like this?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I've noticed this before but never really thought to ask. Why do some Tahoes/Yukons/etc. have different rear glass panels? On mine, I have a plastic handle on the window itself (which I've seen on some others) but I've also seen some with the handle integrated into the trim around the window itself. Anyone know why some are like this?

Design change mid 2005.

OP
OP
318hoe

318hoe

Reaction score
Yup. I've seen the 05s both ways. From what I can tell all 06 have the frameless. Do you know the build date of your 05?
According to the stickers on the backside of the trim panels on the dash it was May 15 or 19th of 2005 I believe.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that might be an answer haha i wanted to see in case
they tried to fix the popping of the glass to steal your 3rd row seat

the only fix is a fixed glass which was available in 08 to the hybrid which received a fixed glass the glass Does not open

the non hybird has a open-able glass 9x-14

and they steal the 3rd row seats

even so i still got my 3rd row seats inside the house... I don't want them breaking the glass..for them and they cost an arm and a leg to buy some

it's like 4-500$

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
they tried to fix the popping of the glass to steal your 3rd row seat

the only fix is a fixed glass which was available in 08 to the hybrid which received a fixed glass the glass Does not open

the non hybird has a open-able glass 9x-14

and they steal the 3rd row seats

even so i still got my 3rd row seats inside the house... I don't want them breaking the glass..for them and they cost an arm and a leg to buy some

it's like 4-500$

Huh? We're taking about the 05 nbs handle design change.

Hiw would changing the style of the handle keep anybody from getting in?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? We're taking about the 05 nbs handle design change.

Hiw would changing the style of the handle keep anybody from getting in?
obviously they revised it to try and fix an issue
even completely removing the handle did nothing 07

only correct fix is to have fixed glass that does not open in the first place..

the other reason is for police to ID the year or narrow down a year.. this can help a lot that is why almost every model year has a slight change..

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the frame-less glass on my 06. I thought the larger plastic on top was like a deflector to force air down and keep the window cleaner?????

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
obviously they revised it to try and fix an issue
even completely removing the handle did nothing 07

only correct fix is to have fixed glass that does not open in the first place..

the other reason is for police to ID the year or narrow down a year.. this can help a lot that is why almost every model year has a slight change..
lol, put your tin foil hat back on bud. geez trust me GM and the police are not in Kahootz and making slight changes just so the police can determine a year, they make changes to keep the money coming in and that is the only reason.
and occasionally a design change to keep from having to replace parts under warranty so they make it just slightly better to make it out of the warranty period

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j