Purchased a 2006 Yukon XL Denali today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Double07 i have the exact same truck. 2006 XL Denali. And I absolutely LOVE It!! Had it 5 years now. The 6.0L V8 is probably what your husband wanted to most. That’s what made my decision mostly when I bought. I had looked at a 2005 Z71 package suburban. And a 2006 SLT package Yukon XL. Both were very nice trucks in good shape but both had the smaller 5.3L V8. Which isn’t a bad motor at all. But the extra push in the 6.0 was just too fun to pass up compared to the other two rides. Which is why I ended up with a denali and I don’t regret it one bit. I drive ALOT, lots of road trips as well and it’s just so comfortable on long trips.
as to the center console issue, I agree it’s not the most functional. I HATE my cup holders! They annoy the heck out of me! The way that GM designed the Denali cupholder tray in the Denali is jsut dumb. For one it’s glued and plastic tabbed to the underside of the wood bezel. They’re known to break. Mine has broken twice. This time I used JB weld and it’s holding up but annoying none the less when they break and then the cupholder part sags. Plus the cupholder tray itself isn’t very deep or wide so unless you’re using small cups it doesn’t work well. I use yeti tumblers and they jsut don’t fit well. I did however modify my cupholder tray and it’s a little better. But give the rest of the truck a chance and I think you will like it a bit more.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ma'am! Post up some photos when you can and YES! Our family loves our Yukon XL even though it's not a Denali!

Does yours have an automatic transfer case where the old Suburban did not? That gives me peace of mind for when my wife and children are driving it.
It should be full time AWD. That’s how every GMT800 Denali package Yukon I’ve ever seen is optioned. Never seen a rear wheel drive one. I know some of the escalades had that option that had the 5.3, but not the 6.0 Denali suvs.

CNCMACHINIST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe and I bought a 2002 Denali console will it fit or I have to buy a 2004 console?
Please help

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She hasn’t been back since the first post 5 days ago, maybe she sold it. First time I’ve heard someone not like a NBS Denali.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe and I bought a 2002 Denali console will it fit or I have to buy a 2004 console?
Please help
I think it'll work fine. I knew someone who did the same--actually had an 02 Denali console and put it in his 04 Tahoe too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660