Pulled the driver seat to replace cushion. Question about the E Torx bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Those look worse than mine!!.

I called the local GM dealership. The bolts are a discontinued item but they were nice enough to give me the size. M12 1.75x45. It didn't list fine or coarse threads but I am sure I can find something to replace it with. I wonder what bolt strength these are. The dealer parts department didn't know that either.

I appreciate the listing.

Pretty sure they're grade 10.9. I'd replace it with a standard hex head bolt with some anti-sieze in the threads and paint the end that protrudes under the vehicle. You'll probably never be removing them again, but just in case and while you're there...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent work and documentation! You have added to our collective knowledge base. Thank you!!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I have a Suburban that needs this so bad and I have been so chicken to do it, LOL. I kind of want to see if I can find superior foam for the seat, though, but it just may be that the foam I have is so old that OEM foam will be just fine. Currently, if you sit in the seat for any length of time, your backside starts to hurt. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14