Puddle light on power mirrors..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tucker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did u ever find out what the prob was with ur map lights? my truck is doing the same thing and its driving me nuts..
thanks

levilarsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There has to be a relay dead or something... I just don't know where the hell it is.

Could ANYONE with electrical experience wrap their brain around this one and help me out? I checked all the bulbs, and they are good.

The scenario as it sits right now is this...

The front map lights work when all the overhead domes come on, but once I'm in the cab (and they dim to off) the buttons on the front map lights won't turn them on. Open the door, and they come on. Obviously the bulbs work.

The map lights in the 2nd and 3rd row don't work at all. Press the buttons and there's nada.

Is there a relay or a fuse that is dedicated solely to the map lights?

Thanks in advance.

BH
Turn on your cab lights with the dimmer then push the button next to the map light if it doesn't dim it's probably the button connection

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have aftermarket tow mirrors with the puddle lights? Theres a video on the 2nd page of this build thread about hooking up the puddle lights to turn on.

All you need is 1- 220 ohm resistor... 2- 1 amp diodes ...1- 20 ft piece of 16 awg wire(any color but black)

100 x 1N4007 1A 1000V Rectifier Diode - USA SELLER - Free Shipping | eBay

220 Ohm 1 Watt 5% CF Resistor - 10 pcs | eBay

Here's a video how to do the mod so I don't confuse the shit out of you trying to explain it lol

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/my-5-alarm-hoe.89994/page-2

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a kinda similar problem with my 03 denali... upgraded all interior lights to LED... Now if I manually turn on the interior lights, the map lights are on full bright, but if I ONLY turn on the map light with the button, they are half bright. I have no clue why they would be different.... and if I manually turn on the lights, full bright map lights, and leave it all on, then push the map light button, they will go half bright, one or both. No clue.

I changed the puddles to LED too and they are much better as LED... but I hate that they don't really stay on long enough for me to open the door and let my gal in her side, and they go off before I can get in my side... they are like 30 seconds, I wish they were 2 minutes....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts