My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, a NBS is a HELL of a thing to pass!!

Glad to see your build thread! Enjoy your contributions to the site!

**EDIT**

Also, how did you wire the turn signal part of the LED bumper lights to be always on? I ordered a set for myself, and wanted to rewire the whole thing with switchbacks, and have it always on, or flash as blinker, but I'm not an electrician. In fact, I usually end up getting zapped doing work around the house.

Lol gotta be careful when doing any kind of electrical work, once you stop fearing it...that's when you get hurt

As far as getting the the tow mirrors to work as running lights and blinkers, it's a pretty easy mod. The hardest part is removing/replacing the mirrors without breaking them. I took some pics of all the wires that need to be cut and soldered but I realized after I went to re-install the mirrors that one of the wires was soldered in the wrong place.

If you look closely the blue wire with the yellow connector should actually be on the other side of the ''Y'' where the diode feeds the mirror(the part that plugs into the mirror)

SOLD 3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great build thread and some cool LED work. Like those meaty MTs on there and the cowl hood too. Keep it coming and there is no last mod. Just the one to satisfy right now and then looking for something else to do. :thumbsup: FDNY

My brother is on the Sedona, Arizona FD, Wildland Fire guy and has helicopter and swift water rescue training for the canyons out there. Hats off to you guys.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great build thread and some cool LED work. Like those meaty MTs on there and the cowl hood too. Keep it coming and there is no last mod. Just the one to satisfy right now and then looking for something else to do. :thumbsup: FDNY

My brother is on the Sedona, Arizona FD, Wildland Fire guy and has helicopter and swift water rescue training for the canyons out there. Hats off to you guys.

Thanks brother, I always say to myself I'm not going to go crazy after buying a car/truck but us car enthusiasts just can't leave anything stock lol

The best part of the job for me is knowing I'm doing my part to make a difference. With all the negative in the world, we're here to do some good. Whether paid or volunteer, that's what this job is all about. There will never be a better feeling than knowing you did your part in saving someone's life, possessions, or home. Thanks to all of the fellow brothers and sisters for doing your part

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking tahoe man! My dad has been southern California fire dept. For many years. I grew up on the apparatus floor playing on the all the big fire trucks haha. Props to you for an awesome career choice! Much respect!

Thanks brother, my father was also a fire fighter so I know exactly how you felt as a kid on the apparatus floor lol...there's no better feeling than dancing with the devil on a daily basis!

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently my Hoe doesn't like extra air pushed inside of her...I just received and installed the brand new OEM air intake, only reason I had to buy another intake is ever since I installed the K&N CAI the truck immediately began running like shit! still kicking myself in the ass for throwing the original in the dumpster:mad:

I tried installing the air cleaner assembly that comes out of the throttle body and left the K&N filter attached but it still ran like shit (P0102 MAF) I even cleaned the MAF sensor (brand new) and the plug with MAF cleaner...after removing the K&N filter, I installed the rear duct with the stock filter...started the engine and what do you know, the truck is now running and idling perfect!:eek:

Now here's where it gets interesting...at this point I've just about replaced every part to pass NYS emissions. I plug in my obd2 scanner to see if there are anymore codes, P0174(system too lean Bank 2) P0171(system too lean Bank 1) so I decided to run a live 02 monitor test and saw rich-lean threshd(v) does anyone have any idea what that means???

Just an FYI, I replaced all 4 02 sensors a few weeks ago that's why I'm confused

I also replaced my power mirrors switch so I don't have to move them manually anymore...worked perfect

POS 1.jpg

POS 2.jpg

POS 3.jpg

POS 4.jpg

POS 5.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10