Programmers - NOT CUSTOM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you have to do to get a custom tune done? Did it make a difference over the standard diablo tune?

i bought the diablo new online and put there tune in for a little while. then i wanted more, so i had a local performance shop write a 91 oct tune and put it on the predator for me. huge difference.

ELOOSECANNON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rick also plugs into the OBDII port and runs the vehicle in real world driving.

In my opinion, get a pro tune and let the cars computer adjust to the changing conditions. It can do it on its own much better than an in cockpit tuning box.
Unless you have years of tuning experience and HP Tuners software, you are wasting your time and endangering your vehicle.

A pro tune would certainly be the way to go, but not everyone has a shop in their area that does that kind of thing. Some of us live in very small towns and the closest thing to civilization is about a 3-4 hr drive. So a tuner is the way to go for some people.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pro tune would certainly be the way to go, but not everyone has a shop in their area that does that kind of thing. Some of us live in very small towns and the closest thing to civilization is about a 3-4 hr drive. So a tuner is the way to go for some people.
mail order one from blackbear....swap PCM or send them yours, get it tuned, and re-install. Or, cable scan tune...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900