Prices Paid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trapper81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely. I'm down in Charleston but haven't really gotten into too much negotiation with any dealers so don't really know how negotiable they are going to be. I had the same questions you had about the incentives and employee pricing. Hopefully someone will know the answer.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that price Laura quoted you doesn't include rebates. So if there is a rebate when you take delivery, you will get it.

After a few conversations with my local dealers, I'm taking a quick vaca with the family to STL and take in a baseball game. The only way I'll deal locally is if they come within $1K of Laura's online prices.

Hard to look at any Tahoe LTZ or Yukon SLTs locally when their lowest price is the same price as a base (sunroof/dvd/4x4) Denali at Laura.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What my local dealer just sent me:
"I have built your Denali and the MSRP is $74,480.
I can sell it to you for $72,525 less any incentives you qualify for upon Delivery."

What Laura quoted me:
"MSRP: $77,615
Laura Discount: $7,973
Sale Price: $69,642"

I am a bit ignorant about all these incentives, etc. I should qualify for any USAA discount and can join a credit union, etc. Is Laura already taking that into account and my dealer is just not showing possible incentives or are they just that far off? With a low price like Laura, would I get an incentives on top of that if they were available at delivery? I will ask the sales staff these questions but would rather be knowledgeable ahead of time.

I'm in Greenville, SC and in the same boat. See my post above. Let's keep each other posted on a good deal here in SC.

Truecar Denali build 4x4 MSRP 75,335 Truecar: 69,493 for Greenville area.
I would look for another dealer!
But Laura still beats everybody. And the discounted price at Laura is the price plus incentives on top of that. When I talk to them back in Dec it was ~8k off plus incentives. They said to use the incentives for the flight and transport the vehicle to my location.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truecar Denali build 4x4 MSRP 75,335 Truecar: 69,493 for Greenville area.
I would look for another dealer!
But Laura still beats everybody. And the discounted price at Laura is the price plus incentives on top of that. When I talk to them back in Dec it was ~8k off plus incentives. They said to use the incentives for the flight and transport the vehicle to my location.
My intent is to give these guys a shot at coming within $1000 of Laura, then I will move on to the next, then the next, etc... or go to Laura after a couple of tries.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried 4 different dealers in the DFW area and they were all over $3,000 off from Laura so I made the trip.

That said - I basically made the trip for "Free" 4WD because all of Laura's cars are 4WD which I don't really need.

Blondy1

Reaction score
I'm in Maine and we don't have that many dealers locally willing to deal...I bought a brand new 2015 Tahoe LT - with Luxury Package for under $57000, I'm sure there are some better deals out there but I was happy with this one. They also did the entire transaction through email and delivered the vehicle to me at work (3 hrs away) and took my car in trade site unseen.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely. I'm down in Charleston but haven't really gotten into too much negotiation with any dealers so don't really know how negotiable they are going to be. I had the same questions you had about the incentives and employee pricing. Hopefully someone will know the answer.

Go to Marchant Chevy in Ravenel. There is no bs. No processing fees. They wll also give you any unadvertised incentives without you asking. I bought an impala there in 2001 and they were $1100 cheaper than Rick Hendricks.be cause there was dealer cash back that they didn't tell me about. If they dont have it in stock they will order it for you and give you Any incentives currently in place.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Charleston, SC this weekend and stopped by a dealer here. They had an XL Denali just like I want. They asked if I would make a deal that day so I said price it for me. The MSRP is just under $78,000. It's the same basic build I got a quote from Laura GMC and my local dealer. Laura quoted me $70,116 and my local dealer $75,000. I told the guy these prices and he was speechless for a minute. They didn't even try to quote me and said I should just go with one of these offers. He said they could move a thousand or so but that's it. I also said I would wait if they wanted to order one just for me and to price it but they never even gave me a number. Great salesman but the manager must've been insulted by the quotes I presented. I even showed him the quote from Laura GMC because they didn't believe me.

coffeyman76

Reaction score
2015i
Dark Atmosphere
Open Road
20" Wheels
All weather mats (junk)
Cargo containment

Dealer Installed Tint
Dealer Installed 2.5/1" Leveling Kit
7 yr/100k Bumper to Bumper Warranty
5 Yr/70k Service Plan
Loaner, Roadside Assistance, Lost Key Fob, etc.

I was actually surprised with the service plan. Choosing it (which I never do) actually dropped my rate by 0.5% so essentially I got that plan for an extra $20 per month. At the rate I drive (~30k per year) that is about the cost of a synthetic oil change/tire rotation. Plus they hand wash the vehicle each service and if it is more than a basic maintenance you can have a loaner for the day. So the loaner, roadside assistance, free lost key fobs, and the significant bumper to bumper protection is basically thrown in. Maybe I am a sucker but it seemed reasonable to me.

Total with extra accessories, tax, tag, fees, service plan(s) and vehicle was $66,848.00. I had an GM Employee Certificate which put the vehicle right at $63,000.00 or so to start.

broncophil

Reaction score
be cause there was dealer cash back that they didn't tell me about. If they dont have it in stock they will order it for you and give you Any incentives currently in place.

I always find this interesting.. there has got to be somewhere on the internet where we can quickly go to see what unadvertised cash back dealers are getting that we should have in our pockets during negotiation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe