Price difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent an e-mail yesterday, but figured I'd post something here to. I am ready to do this, just not sure which way I want to do it. I don't think I will drop $550 on the AutoCal, simply because I don't see myself needing or wanting anything other than a 93 performance tune.

What is the total cost for getting the scan cable, returning the data, and getting a new tuned PCM from you guys? I could install the new one (I think...idk where that thing is at in these NNBS haha), and I do have a good laptop that if coached properly I could do all the necessary stuff after installing the new one.

Just wondering how much that option costs. Thanks!

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
according to the site, $400 deposit on the scan cable. then the tune is $520. if you wanted to save some coin, you can mail your factory ecu and tcu back, and get the $220 core back. so youd be at $300 after returning core and scan cable.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
GM switched from PCM to an ECM and TCM in 07.

So your breakdown is:

Tune service: $300
ECM core charge: $160
TCM core charge: $60
Scan cable security deposit: $400

With the return of the scan cable, you are looking at $520 if you keep the modules.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So $920 is the initial investment, but with the return of the cores and cable you refund $620?

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do it! i hope to do it after i address some minor maintenance stuff

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would advise just getting the autocal. Youll.have it if you want another tune and you can read codes and other engine data. You can also clear lights that only the dealer can. Plus it will be way fast. Just email.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would advise just getting the autocal. Youll.have it if you want another tune and you can read codes and other engine data. You can also clear lights that only the dealer can. Plus it will be way fast. Just email.

I think I am leaning that way...

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
I have the autocal and love it. All I have to do is plug it in and switch from stock to towing or street TCM and it takes only a few mins. I have an 87 octane and a 91 octane and it takes the same amount of time. As ktmhans said, you can read codes and clear lights easy. Plus you have the bb crew who are super helpful to answer questions if you have any. I say go for it, but either way, enjoy!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable