Premium fuel denali 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearsdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You may be correct, haven't driven the Denali in hot weather but in my 2011 6.2 Sierra there is a large difference.

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiating for a full tank of 87 is gone and then I'm switching to my Intune 93 Octane Tune at least while it is under $3.00 per gallon. Stars hitting $4 again and I may switch back to 87

scryfst

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard a ping.

Probably not,... that's what knock sensors are for.

Octane ratings are essentially the resistance of a fuel to pre-ignition. The higher the octane rating, the greater the fuel’s resistance to knocking or pinging (pre-ignition). If a engine has a high compression ratio, uses FI etc..., you probably should be using a high octane fuel.

Run low-octane fuel in a engine that should run high-octane fuel and the effects can range from minimal to disastrous. When the ecm in your 6.2 detects pre-ignition it makes adjustments at the expense of power and economy. Take away the computer and pre-ignition can literally destroy a motor.

I'll never understand how someone can afford the payment associated with one of these trucks and then feel the need to save the cost of a cup of coffee from Starbucks during a fill-up?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts