Premier Vs RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Hello all-

First time poster, long time lurker, in desperate need of your insight/opinions.

I have been trying to get my hands on a 2022 RST for months to no avail. With a baby on the way early fall I decided to just move forward and place an order. The RST appeals to me as I’m not a fan of chrome and really love the more subtle blacked out look (black paint as well).

After reading a ton on hear and several talks with my dealer I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s very possible I don’t get the build until we’ll after baby arrives, which is fine as my Ram HD will work in the mean time. That said, my dealer called today and advised that someone backed out of their Premier build and wanted to know if I’d be interested. It is essentially the exact same build as my RST order sans the pano roof. It does come with black badges and the upgrades black gloss wheels so I’m pretty close to happy with going that route.

Just want to check in with you all on pros/cons of Premier vs RST. Perhaps things I am not thinking of? I’ve done very little research on the premier trim as I was pretty set on the RST but from what I can tell it may actually work out for the better.

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks all.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think of the RST as a cosmetic package for the LT trim. The Premiere is another trim level above with more standard features like MRC, 10-speaker sound system, memory seat settings, etc.

You won't get the all black interior with red stitching and there will be certainly more chrome trim on the exterior, but if you're happy with the way the Premier looks with some of the black accessories, then I'd say go for it.

Is this an in-transit unit?

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Think of the RST as a cosmetic package for the LT trim. The Premiere is another trim level above with more standard features like MRC, 10-speaker sound system, memory seat settings, etc.

You won't get the all black interior with red stitching and there will be certainly more chrome trim on the exterior, but if you're happy with the way the Premier looks with some of the black accessories, then I'd say go for it.

Is this an in-transit unit?
Good points.
Don’t love the chrome to be honest, but it seems relatively minimal since the badges and bow ties are all ordered black as well as the wheel upgrade.

Curious what the wood trim of the premier looks like in person? Does it look like a nice plush wood or fake plastic?

It is in transit yes. Definitely the only reason I got lucky to get my hands on it.

Reaction score
Not sure how it's optioned out but the Premier allows for Adaptive Cruise and some other nicer features. I too like the look of the RST best, but I want the options the Premier and up allows for. I'll probably end up in a Yukon Denali and will black out the chrome myself. If I would get an RST look with the options/interior of the upper trims I'd go for it in a second. How important are the top end options to you? You can create the look of the RST with a bit of aftermarket action. Blacking out chrome surrounds of the windows doesn't take much.

I don't love the wood in the Premier trim, but I'd probably just vinyl wrap it in aluminum look or the like? The exterior look of the Premier is pretty nice though ... significantly better than the High Country IMHO.

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Sounds like we are in the same boat. I don’t mind doing the after market wrapping but would prefer not to. That said, the Premier trim with the black badges and wheels really is a pretty nice look.

As mentioned, I’m so very curious what the wood looks like in person. I’ve been in vehicles where it’s nicely done and feels of high quality, but am worried the premier trim will look like cheesy 90s plastic wood in person.

Ultimately it comes down to no assurance I can even get an RST in the next 6+ months vs I have this option now and can likely get it close enough. It does have the 6.2 which is also huge for me. Bummed no pano, but every other box is checked.

Anyone else own the premier trim with pros/cons? Thanks again.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Sounds like we are in the same boat. I don’t mind doing the after market wrapping but would prefer not to. That said, the Premier trim with the black badges and wheels really is a pretty nice look.

As mentioned, I’m so very curious what the wood looks like in person. I’ve been in vehicles where it’s nicely done and feels of high quality, but am worried the premier trim will look like cheesy 90s plastic wood in person.

Ultimately it comes down to no assurance I can even get an RST in the next 6+ months vs I have this option now and can likely get it close enough. It does have the 6.2 which is also huge for me. Bummed no pano, but every other box is checked.

Don’t forget the cooled seats, along with a few other add ons not included at the RST level.

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Don’t forget the cooled seats, along with a few other add ons not included at the RST level.

I'm not sure on the 2022s but my 2019 RST has the cooled seats.

It seems the only real options my RST is missing is the HUD and possibly higher level stereo but I'm not 100% sure on that.

My RST also has the 6.2l in it.

I just looked at my window sticker, it has the Bose 10 speaker stereo. But I also just noticed, looking at the window sticker, mine is a Premier with the RST package. doh!!

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could take the Premire now, and put in or keep your RST order and trade, or choose not to, when the RST arrives. News is the semiconductor issues are not going to abate for at least 6-12 months. Your Premiere will hold its value, so this may not hurt you much. Just don’t put a lot of extra $$ in it beyond stock until your RST of choice arrives…because you won’t get that $$ back.

Also, I’d expect to see +1 on interest rates by fall, if financing is a consideration. And, at least in the Yukons, the base price is up $600 since the beginning of the model year, and you are watching what the inflation rate is right now..

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a premier in summit white, u get ac seats and MRC which RST does not. I can send u some pics later of interior, we have premium package with RSE, retract steps, it’s loaded. If yours is black paint? It will look really good, u can buy black mirror caps to cover tho, only chrome then is grill and windows. Here’s some pics, next to my new Silverado just picked up yesterday! 0EAAFB44-4EBB-4DBE-9B53-7B8D1A1B40BC.jpegC2D628D9-F2A5-4C5B-87F5-E66B9EC100F0.jpeg

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
I have a premier in summit white, u get ac seats and MRC which RST does not. I can send u some pics later of interior, we have premium package with RSE, retract steps, it’s loaded. If yours is black paint? It will look really good, u can buy black mirror caps to cover tho, only chrome then is grill and windows. Here’s some pics, next to my new Silverado just picked up yesterday! View attachment 368148View attachment 368150
Nice! Where do you buy the mirror caps at? What are your thoughts on the wood trim in the interior?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157